Where are the rabbits?

Alan Zoff

Rather than me waffling on, this is a fairly good basic site to start with...

http://ecologie.nature.free.fr/pages/mammiferes/lapin_de_garenne.htm 

Rabbits simply can't live in ground that floods or becomes waterlogged, but as I put in the earlier post..

""the structure is effectively all stones and rocks and yet rabbits have rapidly arrived where the spoil has been piled much higher than the water level.""

Chris

[quote user="chris pp"][quote user="Chancer"]

We actually have much more abundance of wildlife here than in my local Ashdown Forest in the UK which makes me understand the conservation aspect of La Chasse.

[/quote]

Always fascinates me when someone says something like that, any chance of a few examples of how you came to that "conclusion"?

Chris

[/quote]

how about exmoor that had one of most healthy red deer populations due to the management practices of those hunting them. Or the fact that shooting estates tend to have higher numbers of songbirds etc due to the way they conserve habitat for game birds

Chris

Sorry, I live in France and we were discussing France. 

As I said before, two completely different Countries with different geographies, different species and different practices. We could compare and discuss the differences, although I know so little of the UK these days it's unlikely that I could contribute much with regard to the current situation, but I'm sure others may be able to.

Chris

This was what I was responding to..

""We actually have much more abundance of wildlife here than in my local Ashdown Forest in the UK which makes me understand the conservation aspect of La Chasse.""

Now, I know my French can be a bit iffy, but my English is still quite good.[;-)]

Chris

Just try putting the two together and I'm sure you will see that it makes sense.[;-)]

""We actually have much more abundance of wildlife here than in my local Ashdown Forest in the UK which makes me understand the conservation aspect of La Chasse.""

and

""Always fascinates me when someone says something like that, any chance of a few examples of how you came to that "conclusion"?""

Does that help?

Chris