"Weather " We are all doomed "

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Not all of us are doomed.

Only those who live on that freezing offshore island that is closer to the North Pole than the rest of us who live in France....[;-)]

[/quote]

That may well be true of the more southern latitudes but not for us in the Schnord.

I have just returned from spending a month in Sussex living in a converted garden shed which with the best will in the world is not going to win any green awards for its energy efficiency, it was a bit brass monkeys but I knew that my real test would be returning back to Picardie.

I find that the weather here is usually the same but more extreme than in Sussex and I can usually see the jump in temp when crossing the channel.

I left my place here unheated as I have not the means and whilst I did not return to burst pipes like in Sussex last winter, it was minus 6 outside and pretty much the same inside, my freezer had at some time defrosted during a warm period (apparently it will not work below 8 degrees +ve) and my bedclothes were like frozen cardboard, it was not much fun getting out of a warm car and into a freezing bed fully clothed at 2 am I can assure you, I wished that I had stayed in the shed!