A good return on 6e-7e a week?

Having invested about 5-7 euros a week on various types of bird seed,supplemented by bread/pasta of various sorts/Peanuts & walnuts/fat-balls etcI am now finding that I have to buy tins of cat food. The outlay is bringing a very good return. The usual mixed flock of regulars has been joined by goldfinch and a lone blackcap but like an expectant father the arrival of the first chick means it's all worth while. Although it seems that our robins only have one chick last night we spotted a very fat hedgehog. I did wonder what had been leaving little presents around the lawn and shrubs,hence the cat food hoping a family is in the offing. Most intersting was the discovery of what I thought was a small mouse hole in the front gravel . Tonight I saw a lizard,we have several resident families in the garden, lying on top of the hole.I thought perhaps she had been caught by the hole maker as she was very still. however when she decided to move a pile of tiny eggs were revealed in the hole. I will be pacing up and down awaiting the new arrivals. Thank goodness I don't have to feed them.

I havnt quite got down to €7 a week for food but am getting closer every week, if the expenditure brought in enough protein I might consider it , I assume that the cat food is for trapping the cats after having attracted the birds. .

Mind you even a Korean kebab shop wouldnt be interested in the mangy cats and dogs that scavenge around here.

Luckily only seen one rat about 7 years ago and never seen one since or found any holes in garden. We have an enclosed garden with a thick hedge with a small mesh netting fence inside it and wooden panels set into concrete so garden is fairly enclosed. No dogs and no cats,not a lover of those and rarely see one in the few gardens by us.We did have a polecat get into our roof space a few years back and I had to put wire mesh on a couple of corners on the roof but no return visits. We watched him one night trying to rip the mesh off one corner,why he picked us I don't know as there are several open barns and farm buildings across the road.I clear any odd bits of bread left on the lawn at night so I presume that as the scavengers don't find any grub they don't bother. Quite often in the morning I will find bluetits and greattits in the greenhouse. They get in through a small hole in one panel and eat the seed I put in a small tin hanging from the roof.