Wasps and bats

We have a thiriving colony of pipistrelle bats living in our verandah roof ... no problem apart from the poos! But in the last fortnight we have had a lot of wasps around with thin waits and large bodies at the end ... Googling images brings up 'mud daub wasp' as the best match. Definitely not the paper wasps with the trailing legs as far as I can see (we have them elsewhere). But these other ones seem to be going into and out of the same entrance as the bats.

Now I can put up with one (bats) but not the other (wasps) - any advice on how I can get rid of the wasps without endangering the bats? I have some spray but wouldn't like to hurt the bats.

Bats and insecticides is probably not a good idea.

The wasps will die off in October leaving just the queens who go off into hibernation and in Spring next year will start a new nest -they never return to the old one.  But the new nest might stilll be in your verandah roof space.

If the wasps are a problem try putting up some wasp traps and at least ruducing the numbers

Bats are a protected species in France and you must look after them if they nest in your buildings.Our commune has just signed up to a national Bat protection league as there are loads around here, mostly pipistrelles. I found one a few months back just clinging onto a neighbour's front door fast asleep in the afternoon sun.

I was in brazil a few years back and there was something like a 'mud daub wasp' but 10 times bigger... A guy cut it up into small pieces as he said it was dangerous.

The separate bits continued to move for a few hours afterwards until a chicken came along and ate all the bits up...

Have just taken a sample of the wasps in my tree to the pharmacy and they have confirmed that they are the Asiatic ones[blink] eek! They said if I have a nest the pompiers will come and clear it but I can't see a nest at all. Any ideas on my next move?