Red Squirrels

Gardian

Do you see them in your neck of the woods?

All of a sudden (as in the last six months or so) I've seen one crossing the road in front of me from time to time.  Having searched the internet, one map suggested that they may not be too common down here in the deep south.

Never see grey squirrels though (happily!)

Quite a lot round us too. It seems to depend on the time of year. To be honest, given the way most things seem to get shot at, I've been surprised at how well they are tolerated considering the number of commercial nut growers.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]To be honest, given the way most things seem to get shot at, I've been surprised at how well they are tolerated considering the number of commercial nut growers. Hoddy[/quote]

They are of course 'protected'.

Good to hear that they're around and about.

I saw my first ever (and only) red squirrel in the garden last summer. I was surprised, as I'd never seen one before in my life. I

may have mentioned this before, but later that day I told my friend that I'd seen an écureuil in my garden, shinning up the fence. After looking at me with a puzzled expression, she said "Oh, sorry, I thought you said 'curé'! I was wondering why a redheaded priest was running round your garden"