Tree Frogs

Since I last posted about the dead bats, plenty have emerged so may be there were just a couple of old ones who didn't make it through that horrible spring.  (I believe bats can live for at least 20 years.)

However, usually we have plenty of tree frogs here, and this year NONE.

I haven't done a fire salamander check as I don't like to disturb them - but has anyone seen or heard (more likely!) tree frogs this year, and if so, whereabouts in France are you?

As an afterthought, does anyone share my view that to demolish a swift or marten nest should be a capital crime - why do the towns persist in discouraging them?

And does anyone know if any research has been done into the average deaths per motorist per lifetime of birds, mammals and invertebrates on the roads?

Enough!  I sometimes get very gloomy about what is happening when I should still be out there trying to do my bit - hooray we have had several stag beetle sightings, at least!

la-vie-en-rose wrote : As an afterthought, does anyone share my view that to demolish a swift

or marten nest should be a capital crime - why do the towns persist in

discouraging them?

I thought it already was reportable as  they are protected during the nesting season;

Tip these people off as to whats going on ...they will have words !   

http://www.lpo.fr/