Spring is Sprung

Dog

There are some of those around these parts - yesterday I noticed the ornamental cherry trees are pink with bloom and violets purple and white are by my neighbours daffodils under his walnut tree.

my garden in East Leics is full of Spring signs - the frogs are going crazy in the pond - pulmonaria, forsythia, hellebores, snowdrops, daffodils - just beautiful. Only 2 weeks before we leave it all behind - so this year I will have 2 springs - 1 now in UK, 1 later in the Jura when the snow melts!

Oh Odile, I know that part of you is really sorry to be moving............but there comes a time in life when a change is both inevitable and desirable.

All the very best with your move.  BTW, tell me the place where you are going in the Jura so that I can look it up in the atlas?

• 3 years later...
I thought I would revive this thread of Dog's (where is he?) because it seems to me that everything is late this year.

And in fact it does seem that everything is 2 weeks later than in 2009. probably due to the cold spell in Feb. I know it killed the mimosa blossom in the Gers.

The flowers I saw in early March 2009 are just appearing now ie violets cowslips hellebore comfrey and lady's smock.

(Never seen the vest and underpants mentioned by cheeky PeterG on page 4 though.)

What's it like in other depts?

We were saying yesterday how everything is late this year (Vendée). The hawthorn is just coming into flower, but so is everything else - those which would normally be flowering now and those which are late. The trees are bursting into leaf just in the last few days.

[quote user="Pommier"]We were saying yesterday how everything is late this year (Vendée). The hawthorn is just coming into flower, but so is everything else - those which would normally be flowering now and those which are late. The trees are bursting into leaf just in the last few days.

[/quote]

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/h/hoopoe/

And these have arrived  !    I have heard them calling ,,,,, ( there is a sound recording on the link if you want to hear one  )

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
We have hoophoos around now and if you think a cuckoo 'song' is boring then you should hear a hoophoo! Beautiful birds though.

Plus, if you think that they sound boring then just try to put yourself in their position and that is the only sound you can make [:-))][:-))]

• 2 weeks later...