Natural World on BBC 2 - French wildlife

Just a heads up.

Tonight on BBC2  (9pm) there is a program about French wildlife. Bears, Wolves and stuff.

There has been a lot of interest in our local rag about the re-introduction of the bear into the Pyrenees and also the worry that the Wolves are spreading from the Alps into the Pyrenees. So I'm watching to see how many 1000's of wolves are on their way to kill my chickens

Yes, hubby is watching as I type this ... and I can hear the music which is rather nice .. what I saw of it was most interesting, but it's hubby who is really in to the natural world programmes ... I saw there were some artistic diagrams of the areas they were looking at, they were talking about the Lozere as I passed through the lounge.

Cannot just stick with it, on french tv over the years, (and it was a french production,) they have shown little girls having their genitals mutilated, and men being castrated, so please excuse me if I am wary of the worst.

[quote user="idun"]Cannot just stick with it, on french tv over the years, (and it was a french production,) they have shown little girls having their genitals mutilated, and men being castrated, so please excuse me if I am wary of the worst.
[/quote]

As this was on BBC2, even after the watershed, I wouldn't have thought it my wildest nightmares that a program about bears, wolves and vultures would transcend into something akin to FGM ! You must have had had some really bad experiences with French TV. I'm even more glad I can't be bothered with it and stick to BBC fluffy bunnies and Bambi

HSD, we saw those years ago,  there were always plenty of good docs on french tv and still are. Sadly some were very graphic.  To be honest, I thought my husband was going to faint when they castrated the man.

French tv, well most certainly better than no tv when we got there and helped me a lot with my french as one doesn't have to reply to anything. We still watch TV5 Monde regularly, I would hate it if we couldn't. I just watch (well usually) the good stuff, because there are good programs on it. And there is some rubbish, especially from french speaking Canadian tv, which seems to have even worse programs than the worst France can offer, they are so bad that they are almost mesmerising, and interestingly some are sub titled into french![Www]

Apparently the 'BBC' French Wildlife program didn't have anything graphic on it, it just felt like there was going to be.