Flies!

Patf

I don't know where this belongs, but Wildlife will have to do.

They're driving me mad at the moment - where do they come from?

Especially here in our living room when I'm on the 'puter, or relaxing with my feet up. I've managed to kill 4 with the swatter, and they're lying there in front of me. Just got another - 5 now.

Do you have any, and if so how do you get rid of them?

So far this year it has been better than previous years - probably because I have installed a fly screen at the door - which is normally open so our cats have access to their food. The food of course also helps to attract flies, so I am pretty happy so far this year.

Patf wrote:

That seems to be such a good idea - thanks.

They've not been so bad today as I've kept the outer door closed.

The screen achieves the same purpose but allows a free flow of air. Ours consists of three strips of mesh 35cm wide. Each has a small weight at the bottom and the tops are stapled to a round piece of wood which fits to the wall with plastic clip in pipe supports. You just walk through it and the cats can similarly find their way through.

[quote user="minnie"]We use the old fashioned fly papers - seem to work well. Obviously keep these away from food prep or eating areas but otherwise fine.[/quote]

You're lucky Minnie, ours can't read [:-))]

Sorry, just couldn't resist it [6]

Would you believe it? It's a lot cooler today, TG, and no flies at all, even with the doors and windows open. During the week they must have been queueing outside, waiting for me to open the door to come in and get cool, or have a drink of water. Perhaps they do have a brain?