Anyone taking A2?

letrangere

A friend's daughter is taking this and has bought one of these Lett's revision guides to help her.  Problem is, daughter is now totally demoralised having read the section on "ideal answers".  She reckons she's years off the standard required despite teacher's prediction of a B/C.  Anyone else with similar experience?  Must say, when I took a look at the "model answers" in question, I was quite surprised at the level expected.  M

I'm doing A2 this year and the last 2 or 3 months has been can I do this yes I can, no I can't in alternating cycles to the point of nearly blind panic now I just think "resit"

I don't have a teacher as such and I know for a fact that I will not get to the level that is suggested in the revision guides right now I will be estatic with an E

One thing I don't know which exam board she is with but with Edxcel it is the total number of marks over the whole six papers which give you the final grade so if she did well at AS then there is a good chance she will do well at A2

Wish her the best of luck I am sure that she will do well

Richard

Richard, and very best of luck to you to!  It's an excellent standard to have attained.  Being self taught how do you manage the oral element of the course?  Do you have anyone to talk to? 

I don't know which Board this girl's doing, didn't think to ask as I'm not very up on these things. Been a long time since I sat an A level, I'm afraid...

M

I'll explain why your friend's daughter should remain positive and keep working towards her goal. I took A2 last year and found it really difficult especially at the beginning of the year.  As for the ideal answers to set questions, my tutor kept giving my work back with comments as to how my essay should have included this or that and gave me another student's work to read as an example of what I should have done.  I was dubious as to how I would do in the exam.

However, when it came to the exam I may have been lucky with the questions (there is a choice with Edexcel, so you can pick your stronger knowledge areas), but my result was 86 out of 90!

As long as she revises well, she will probably do better than she thinks.  I wish her luck.