acceptance letter - help with french....... please

Ejc

Hi,

I've been offered a post with a french company - and I want to write and accept - but my written french is a bit shakey - I'll be working in mostly English - but obviously the offer letter etc is in French

so far I've managed a rather pathetic

Chère Madame

Merci beaucoup pour l’offre d'engagement,

I want to put that I'm very happy to accept and will let them know when I'm able to start once I've confirmed my leaving date with the HR department here in the UK  ..... but my spelling / tenses all keep falling to pieces at this point - so any help is much appreciated.

I was planning to end like this: 

Chère Madame, l'expression de nos salutations distinguées.

This means France in the new year here we come.......

Will

You don't half know a lot about resources re the French Language.  I have to write a letter to EDF and now feel quite well able to do it.

Also, I was so inspired by the other bits & bobs on the site that I have ordered the language course for myself (ostensibly) but in the hope that my dear husband will pick it up out of sheer curiosity and do some work on his French!

Thanks, Will

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Will "]

This site gives a lot of advice about writing letters in French (if the rather over-zealous swear filter will allow the words in the link) http://www.askoxford.com/languages/fr/french_letters/?view=uk.

If you click on the download link you will find various specimen letters, including one for accepting a job.

[/quote]

Thanks Will, very useful site 

Ernie