Translation

Suninfrance

Is it possible someone could do a quick translation from English to French for me.

I'm helpiing a friend who lost their computer in a file and I need to type a Facture in French for them for a job that has recently completed.  Normally their daughter would do it, but she is in England at the moment.

I can PM the text to you if you are able to help.

Thanks

Jan

It would also help, Shimble, if you would be kind enough to use a little punctuation and the odd capital letter in your posts.  I find them extremely hard to read.

O/p, if you wish to pm me, I will do my best to help.  Although there are probably others on here who are better at it, I can make myself pretty well understood in French.

[quote user="shimble"]made sense to me i wont go further ill only get banned anyway what does the op want translated[/quote]

Translation:

It made sense to me, I won't go any further or I'll only get banned. Anyway, what did the O.P. want translated?

Sorry to tease you Shimble, I'm missing Dick Smith!

Editted

SuninFrance

I extend to you the same offer as Cooperlola and with the same reservations, perhaps between us we could do a halfway good job.

wll thgt my nglsh md sns.  Cpl of typos thts all.

Right - enough of this nonsense.  Sorry folks, translation has been done, however, I may need to come back to you with others in the future or at least until my daughters friend get's back from England.

Thanks

Jan

[quote user="Benjamin"][quote user="shimble"]made sense to me i wont go further ill only get banned anyway what does the op want translated[/quote]

i blame all these txt msgs [8-|]

[/quote]Me too.  I can perfectly understand the point of compressed text messages, but just don't get it on here.  Interesting to note that an upper-case-free post on another thread produced only an upper-case-free response.  I still don't have a clue what it was about![:D]

Shimble we would not want you to go further ill (get sicker?)

Living in France long term and not speaking English a lot makes you forget how to articulate and phrase things correctly in English.

Any English language hawks out there will probably have noticed some glaring errors in the above.

Speaking personally, Fulcrum, although occasionally some people's English makes me cringe in private - my own included - I hope I wouldn't be crass enough to correct the odd error on a public forum.  Not everybody is gifted with great spelling and grammar - indeed many may not have been taught too well.  However, I do find the "no caps, no puncuation, no paragraphs" style truly painful to read.  To the extent that I rarely do read it.  That's fine by me but I wonder if that's not a bit self-defeating on the part of the posters in question, if they have an enquiry they would like an answer to.

Well folks - the odd typo I can handle.  I have been a secretary and administrator for 30 years and I have trained others in using word processors and then computers, but with the new younger breed coming in, I do sometimes despair.  SMS text language is great for shortening words on a mobile phone and I even use it as a kind of shorthand when I have to take notes, particulary on my family history.  However, those are the only occasions I feel that it should be used.

I don't like to see threads without punctuation and capitals, but you have to bear in mind that there are those out there that are still learning, perhaps have never typed at all and are the single finger typist and don't understand the keyboard.  I'm not just talking about the younger ones, but the older ones who are coming to terms with a new computer and keyboard when they have never had one before, etc, etc.  So don't be too hard on them - we were all beginners once.

I was had way back in 1961 what is now referred as a gap year and when I took myself off to a commercial college and when I was the only male in a class of 28 females.

There I had classes in RSA Typewriting and Pitmans shorthand.  To this day I have never forgotten those days and for a number of reasons.  However to be able to touch type is in my considered opinion quite a valuable skill.  However I am now suffering from many years in the legal profession and where sometimes there are no punctuation marks at all and using shorthand at the expense of my handwriting.

Finally spell check is dire.

May be an age thing.

[quote user="shimble"]

Punctuation is overated.

[/quote]Oh, really?  By whom, precisely?  Those who use it rate it highly; those who don't, don't rate it at all.  Personally, I find a punctuated sentence far easier to read.

time flies you cannot they go too quickly