Letters of Motivation...

SS2002

Hello

I would be eternally grateful if any French forum members could help me with a letter of motivation - I went to the ANPE atelier and didn't learn too much - it would be a letter to send to those who deal with English assistants/English helpers - ecoles primaires, colleges and lycees so I guess I would need 3 different letters - I know I need to put things like introducing the language to the younger ones for their entry into sixieme and developing basic language for the older ones through games etc but I don't know the correct French!

Help!!

Many thanks Smile

Sandra

When I was registered with ANPE, and was applying for jobs, I got an advisor who helped me a lot, by showing me exactly how to write the lettre de motivation - in fact she practically wrote a standard basic one for me, highlighting what needs to be said when etc.... (I don't have that letter anymore).

Is this help not available at your ANPE?

You probably won't need three different letters as you will need to apply to the regional education office if applying for these posts and everything filters downwards from there, if not from higher up. The curriculum is laid down and you are not expected to deviate, (although there is nothing to say you can't elaborate!).

Last year I was teaching in 6 different primary schools each week in Brive.You are only paid for the hours worked (max of 12 per week here), not travelling time or blocked time (i.e. between classes, lunchtimes or moving between schools), and there can be a lot of preparation and marking. Although officially termed an assistant you will find you are in fact in charge of the class (up to 28 children in some cases). The contract is for 9 months max each year (Oct to June) as students applying from English speaking countries get first choice. Having said all that I enjoyed it, and would do it again if offered a post.