stereo type ?

Pads

Can anyone tell me the french for stereo type, as in the sentence:

I can not stero type people by country, I treat each person I meet as an individual.

This is not one of my lessons at school, its a conversation im having witha french person via email. What is this obsession with asking what the english think about people from different countries? this is the 5th french person to ask me this question, not that Im stereo typing them[:D]  

[quote user="Pads"]Woolly Its not only the french she wants to know my opinon on its the russian , japanese, america, french and chinese, and german, do you think the rest is just a ruse to find out what we think of the french??[:D][/quote]

At least it's a wide range of people! [;-)]   It sounds like a young person to me, not that I want to sterotype young people.[:D]

I'm sure you'll find a way to describe your views on this matter.  I think you're three quarters of the way there already.[:)]

[quote user="Pads"]Please dont take this the wrong way but is that true or are you taking the mickey?[8-)] would a french person understand that ? If true  many thanks if not [:P] [/quote]

Pads, don't you have a dictionary? I mean a good French/English dictionary - worth it's weight in gold. First thing I bought on arriving in France all them years ago.......sigh.