buying on the internet

penny in the vendee

I have been looking for a new fridge/freezer and found one on the Armenager site. The main print says 100% en stock. I placed my order last week, paying with my bank card. This week I received an e-mail stating that the goods would arrive within 60 days!!! They referred to their terms of sale and said that the order cannot be cancelled, is this right? They have already got my money!! Is there no "cooling off" period in France? Is there anything I can do?

We have also been victims of this company.  We ordered a fridge at the beginning of September and paid by Carte Bleu.  They debited our account immediately. Since then, no one replies to emails or answers the telephone.  This morning I put Showroom 2001 in French Google and it seems that there are hundreds of victims out there. Someone recommended a site called www.e-litige.com but I'm not sure if my French is up to the fine detail.  They promised delivery by October 2nd and I suppose I must wait until then, but I know nothing will arrive because victims on the complaints forum say the premises are closed and empty.  A few people do seem to have been reimbursed. Can anyone give step by step procedure to getting our money back?  If they're in liquidation it may be too late. The general view seems to be that they are just swindlers.