Help required with spoken French translation

Tintins Dog

NormanH, I agree that the best translations are ones into the translator's native language (I'm involved in the poetry world, and poetry has got to be the hardest thing to translate).

leolass, I've been down the route of getting a French person to help me. However, because of the nature of the project I'm involved in things didn't work out too well.

Ha, how's that for being enigmatic!

I would keep trying for a French person T's dog - I've done this in the past  - even a pal would be better than  a Brit - I agree with Norman.

I wouldn't even consider translating poetry - it's just not the same, but perhaps you have the magic touch !

Bonne chance

• 1 month later...
[quote user="patnotinfrance"]why couldn't we translate everything whatever the direction?For the translation, one hour is a lot of work and it depends on the level you expect from.[/quote]

The convention in the translation industry is that you translate into your mother tongue only. The key reasons are to do with the depth of knowledge about the nuances of the language, cultural references, etc, and in this particular case I suspect that a good French accent may be important for the speaking part of the assignment.

Regards

Pickles