athlete's foot powder

scotty

[quote user="scotty"]Does anyone know the French for athlete's foot powder/spray?

TIA

Scotty[/quote]

Ask in the pharmacie for products for le pied d'athlete or la mycose des pieds.

Or see your doctor who may refer you to a dermatologist.

Bernice

[quote user="Théière"]Dust around the effected areas with bicarbonate of soda.[/quote]

Reminded by Nomoss and his cellulose insulation, make a solution of borax and water as a foot soak.

PS stop wearing training shoes so much, not only will you not look like an athlete, [:)] but feet perspire so much in those and once it's in the shoe you'll aways get it unless you disinfect the shoes too

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="Pads"]Make a foot wash from Potassium Permanganate[/quote] Purple feet?[/quote]

No, they go brown. How brown depends on the strength of the solution.

In fact my mother told me that during the war they used to use dilute potassium permanganate solution painted on their legs to "replace" stockings. [;-)]

FairyNuff

[quote user="FairyNuff"]

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="Pads"]Make a foot wash from Potassium Permanganate[/quote] Purple feet?[/quote]

No, they go brown. How brown depends on the strength of the solution.

In fact my mother told me that during the war they used to use dilute potassium permanganate solution painted on their legs to "replace" stockings. [;-)]

FairyNuff

[/quote]

They used to paint it on ......for crabs too [:-))]

[quote user="Gemonimo"]Boric acid, available in sachets in pharmacies.  Also used for 'jock itch'[+o(][/quote]

[quote user="Théière"]

Reminded by Nomoss and his cellulose insulation, make a solution of borax and water as a foot soak.

[/quote]

Same stuff just more potent form. Gem, how much is it at the pharmacie?

Looks like O/P Scotty's run for it so I am not posting anymore on this tread unless its in response of Gem's reply.