what to declare on tax form

Llantony

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Quick question for gosub.

This R43, it's not a full blown tax assessment is it?  Not a whole booklet?

Lord, why does everything have to be so taxing? (sorry for the pun, which isn't even original)

[/quote]

It;s simple to fill in, you can see HERE last years form to give you an idea,

Thank you, Les, I knew you'd come up with the goods.

Wish they'd answer OH's letters about paying his annuities gross and, at this point, we aren't even agitating about nearly 2 years' tax rebate.........[:(][:@]

It's not a lot of fun, especially when you realise that whatever you get back eventually will be worth less what with the lousy exchange rate, etc.

But ,thanks again!

[quote user="knee gel"]Rob, re your post 'there are places that you can put money that are in Sterling and are tax efficient in france' etc - could you let me know what are these places, we have a livret A but are always looking at other options. Thanks Nigs[/quote]

Hi,

There is a luxembourg based life assurance fixed interest fund which has all the advantages of french life assurance to which you can subscribe in £ and withdraw in £, or switch to € when it suits you. The disadvantage is that the initial charge is quite high, but for a large investment you should be able to negotiate it down. The product is marketed by  Siddalls International of Bordeaux--google their website. 

[quote user="knee gel"]Rob, re your post 'there are places that you can put money that are in Sterling and are tax efficient in france' etc - could you let me know what are these places, we have a livret A but are always looking at other options. Thanks Nigs[/quote]

Yes, the company is la Mondiale in Luxembourg. It is currently paying around 4.70% which is starting to looking statlingly attractive. It is not possible to access this investment directly as they only work with professional advisers and banks. It is available via this company. It may pay to shop around, but here is a good place to start.

Rob

Llantony, it's because I was referring to Rob's post further up the posts and was interested in where I can put my money - offshore accounts means you can have the interest paid gross which makes it easier when declaring on your french tax return and therefore get taxed by the french tax authorities ie not have to reclaim from the UK which takes an age. Also these accounts tend to pay better interest rate. Chris

[quote user="Llantony"]

I don't see what an item about offshore accounts has to do with it.  I thought they were accounts held outside the UK?  I posted about savings accounts etc. in the UK

[/quote]

Hi,

If you are french tax resident, then UK savings accounts ARE offshore accounts as far as the the french taxman is concerned and have to be declared in France. The complication arises because UK based banks and building societies increasingly refuse to pay interest gross to non-UK residents.