Really embarrassing mistake:(

NormanH

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Ah Sweets, reflexives...the bane of our lives...it's vous vous moquez de moi...

I always think "Tu me manques" is odd. Not to the French, obviously. But to me.
[/quote]

When I complain in class about these reflexives (or pronominals or whatever they are called), the teacher says but they are the easiest of all for making the passé compossé as they are always made with être!  Doesn't convince me one bit.

Au contraire "tu me mangues" makes sense as OH hasWelsh as his first language and he might say "you are missing to me".

But, the worst, absolutely the worst, grammar thingies are les relatifs; you know those qui, que, ce qui, ce que, qu'en, qu'on, dont, lequel, lesquels, auxquels, où and so on and so forth.  Thus I always use two sentences whenever possible to avoid using these horrible relatifs.

The one word I have immense problem with and don't think I will ever get right is "rue".  Tongue forward, tongue backward, clear your throat, fold your tongue up to the roof of your mouth; tried all the suggestions (separately and together) and it still comes out sort of "rhu" and that's on a good day [+o(]