Personal Injury Compensation Advice/Help?

JJ

My 12 yr old daughter had an accident  last October whilst at school, the accident was whilst she was doing escalade (rock climbing), she is very experienced at the sport, having done it for the past 4 years. The other girl holding the end of the safety rope was not experienced, and let go of the rope resulting in my daughter falling approx 2 metres to the floor.

She was taken to hospital by ambulance, and x rayed, they said there appeared to be no damage, but a follow up xray would be advisable.

We later had the follow up x ray, and there was evidence of damage to the spine, this was later confimred by a scan. The bottom line is that the medical proffession are saying that my daughter should refrain from all activities that may put her lower back at risk, escalade, cross country running, mountain biking, and finally skiing. And that it may take over a year to heal.

She was due to go on a school skiing trip to the Pyrenees this week.

A friend has advised us that we should put the school on notice that we may be pursuing a claim against them for liability and negligence.

The UK is awash with companies who will pursue personal injury claims, but has anyone had any similar experience in France with the system?

An help and advice welcomed.

Thanks for the info re no claims no win in France, but we do not know if we will be suing or not, the school will have the relevant insurance to protect them against any such claims.

I am interested if anyone out there has been in a similar situation.

Isn't insurance compulsory for school children?

Have you contacted your own insurance company for suggestions?

If I am reading this right, you should be able to claim off the other child's insurance (garantie responsabilité civile)...

Some details here: http://www.dossierfamilial.com/famille/scolarite/comment-choisir-une-assurance-scolaire,21

PS: I am not a lawyer...

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

can you say with certainty who was responsible etc.

[/quote]

As someone who has previously climbed, if there was an inexperienced person on the lifeline and no immediate back-up, then the line should have had a safety brake (Petzl stop or similar device).  Properly set up this will arrest anyone falling on a tight line within 1m.

JJ sorry to hear of your daughter's injuries.