Merçi Professeur

idun

Merçi Professeur is on TV5 Monde and can be found on the internet. An interesting few minute program about the french language, roots, and usage.

Worth a watch for those of you who like all the intricacies of the french language.

I get it via TV5Monde on the satellite.

Tonights was really interesting and about 'moi'.

Comes from the latin 'me' apparently but the parisiens decided that it should be said 'moi' and not 'meh'. 'Meh' was tres aristo. Even old Louis the 18th couldn't get the parisiens to change, so we now have 'moi'!

You should be able to see it via NH's link on the internet. I like it as it is a few minutes of very interesting info, although I say without hesitation that I don't understand most of it. Ah, and the other good thing is the that Prof speaks very clearly and rather slowly.

You can see a whole lot of them, archived, I think, on the TV5 Monde website via Norman's link. In fact, it's a good website for all things related to learning French, and some other stuff too.

IIRC, there were some interesting little quizzes on there. AND, there were also (my memory says) some really interesting little videos about various professions like chocolatier. They've recently updated their learning French section and now it's all organised far better and by level corresponding to the Common European Framework.

[url]http://apprendre.tv5monde.com/[/url]

[quote user="idun"]Merçi Professeur is on TV5 Monde and can be found on the internet. An interesting few minute program about the french language, roots, and usage.

Worth a watch for those of you who like all the intricacies of the french language.

[/quote]

How long have they had a cedilla in "merci"?   [Www]  Am I missing something here?

Excellent resource Norman, in fact it was someone else who started the thread whose name I cant see in this post message box so thanks to them!

Its really nice to watch videos that arent preceded by a long shouty advert and which run without constantly stopping and buffering, a real treat!

I take it that you are having the problems with Youtube on Free, which comes about because of a dispute between Google and  Free.

Try going to this site:

https://www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php

In this way you appear to be in Texas and Google approves of you :)

[quote user="sid"]

[quote user="idun"]Merçi Professeur is on TV5 Monde and can be found on the internet. An interesting few minute program about the french language, roots, and usage.

[/quote]

How long have they had a cedilla in "merci"?   [Www]  Am I missing something here?

[/quote]

As I have said before, I am dyslexic, not badly so, but enough so that

my spelling is lousy. And as I touch type, sometimes my fingers go for a

key and I never know if what I have written is right or wrong.

Idun, Norman,

Many thanks for this.  Just had a chance to watch a few videos ( just never get to watch much TV these days!), and they are brilliant.  Don't always get quite everything yet, but he speaks clearly enough, and at a couple of minutes each, I am resolved to watch one a day and improve my listening and comprehension skills as well as my interest in the development of the language...  Just what the doctor, as well as the prof, ordered.  Ta!