another word to confound you...

mint

Just when you think you have got the hang of how to "make" adverbs and begin to relax a bit that you will be OK with the most common ones, up pops one like incessament!

Last week when Mme Castex was said to be positive for covid, Monsieur had to once again self-isolate.  So far so good.....but then I read that Jean Castex was to be vaccinated with his second dose of AZ incessament.

I frowned in puzzlement, trying to figure out all ways what that must have meant.  How is he going to be endlessly or continuously vaccinated, poor man?

Hélas, had to resort to that good friend to all of us, M. Google[:)]  So then, I found out that the PM was on the point of being given his second dose in double quick time.  So is incessament a bit sooner than prochainement then?  A bit like domani making manana sound urgent?

Over to you, fellow francophiles/francophones....

mint wrote the following post at 15 Jun 2021 10:35:

Just when you think you have got the hang of how to "make" adverbs and begin to relax a bit that you will be OK with the most common ones, up pops one like incessament!

Incessamment .. means shortly, directly or in next to no time.

Prochainement is in due course, in the near future .. so not quite so speedily as incessamment. ?

[quote user="anotherbanana"]imminent?[/quote]

Yes, Wools, I like imminent as that most closely means incessament.  The French have imminent too, of course but I agree that your word is a good synonym.