Lets hear it for "McDonalds"!!!!

St_Jacques

Following on from an earlier post which I entitled 'Lets hear it for Flunch' - I am sorry but I have to say the same thing about the home of the Big Mac.
Have just returned from a busy weeks house- hunting with my wife and two year old and to be honest niot sure what we would of done without them. Quick, clean, friendly, meals that taste good (much more variety than in the UK) and best of all most of the restaurants have wonderdful play areas for children -something which was greatly appreciated by our daughter who had suffered dreary estate agents, banks and numerous property visits!!
So I know I probably won't be very popular but I am not afraid to say it that we 'love Mcdonalds'! and like the French will be a regular visitor when we move out there.

When we have driven through France. We always look for the yellow arches. In my opinion they seem to offer one of the only clean roadside toilets. There have been many occasions (my husband can vouch for this) I have been very desperate to locate one. My biggest complaint is when you see a sign for one with an arrow pointing ahead only to discover it's approximately 40km away. As long as they are built on the outskirts and in most cases large modern shopping areas or industrial areas in France, I say long may they live.

I have to say that the Mc D's at Cherbourg has seen our presence on quite a few occasions just before boarding the ferry - our daughter loves to play on the slides etc there and thoroughly enjoys it. They are much better maintained than their UK counterparts and great if you like plastic food. I prefer to just have a coffee but no complaints from rest of family!

StJacques
How can you possibly AFFORD to eat all the time at McDonalds in France? I just will not pay that kind of dosh for toss! or well, that kind of food I mean. On the other hand, if you've got children, it is convenient, just annoying to hear a chorus from the back seat, "Look Mummy! A McDonalds!" every 10 miles or less...

Look children an Auchan! we can go in and pick out charcuterie instead!

As for Flunch, the one at Rouen Barentin was excellent! We had never been before but because, in part, of the earlier posting on Flunch we decided to try it. Completely bewildering, there should be a 'Flunch for Flunch virgins' posting but finally figured it out after much hand waving and pointing. Exactily where do you start, the correct procedure for getting a kid's meal, the bronze, silver, silver squigly tokens for the coffee. But an adventure and the food was darn decent. Alas, not all are like that one, as we sadly discovered later. Never mind.

Belinda

I have to say, not being a great McDonalds fan that the Mcdonalds breakfasts are amazing value and not bad,,! I had one in Avanches a couple of weeks ago for 5 euros..3.50ish? It consisted of Bacon and Egg Mcmuffin, Three tiny Danish Pastries,Two Pancakes with Maple Syrup , a yoghurt, orange juice and hot chocolate or Coffee!
I`ll be looking forward to the next one!

That sounds really sad!!

Anyone else had one??

Ronni