Babysitting - going rate

Krin

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but hopefully someone can help.

We have been lucky enough to find a young girl (17) who is going to look after our 5 year old daughter here at home for a few hours, a couple of times a week, mainly to ensure that she is exposed to the French language regularly during the school holidays.

I'm out of touch with babysitting rates so can anyone tell me what they pay?

Thanks

Krin

We are in dept 82, and needed a bady sitter. Charged 10 euros per hour, was told her normal rate was 15. She came bathed the kids read to them and made some pictures etc before going to bed. Her husband did collect her as she would not drive but normally she ask for the hosts to take her back home

I would say it also depends upon the age of the babysitter. We hired a 15 year old who charged 5 euros per hour. When we wanted a more mature babysitter (age 19) for a weekend of care, we negociated a price. She came with her own car, took care of everything over the weekend and we came home to a tidy home and happy child. Was worth every penny (AND we know her parents, so there was a bit of trust involved here too).

When the same 19 year old babysits for an hourly wage, it is 10 Euros per hour. She gets herself to and from our home with her own car..