Radio & TV highlights

While I'm on here, before I toddle off to the woods with my dog and then prepare la popotte for tonight, I'd like to share with you the following:

- Tomorrow Saturday, on FranceInter 17h00 (French time), programme on John Lennon (with Y. Ono), the host is American, her name escapes me but she is excellent, all her musical and non-musical programmes (often on American/UK topics) on FranceInter are well worth listening to.

- Tomorrow as well on TF1 Reportages, 30 minutes on a very very strange Canadian custom which I remember reading about a while ago, called 'le grand chambranle' (French-Canadian for 'the great move' I presume -'branle' means 'on the move' in French but 'chambranle' only means 'the door frame') where 100's of 1000's of lodgers and tenants have to move out of their digs at the same time, very strange ! Often worth it to hear their charming accents...

- The film 'Ascenseur pour l'échaffaud' on Arte next thursday with Jeanne Moreau, great film.

Et ouais, bien sûr, jeanne Moreau, who else, j'ai l'air d'un vieux con quand j'dis ça, mais bon, you know I cringe when I see the likes of L. Gerra impersonificate her on telly, he is excellent par ailleurs, but don't know I recoil with embarrassment when he starts his paltry imitation of la Moreau, but having said that, who really knows her amongst the younger generations ? Example A: I asked one of them the other day (family), he says: 'oh yeah, great rider' I says: 'what do you mean, great rider ?' Turned out he'd confused her with Jeannie Longo ! Hadn't heard of J Moreau, et ouais, or else Example B: they know of her through L Gerra which is even worse than example A, eh ouais, starting to sound like an old grizzled con des familles, so I'll stop here.

Putaing, mille milliards de foies de morue pourris, I can't believe I've just said 'impersonificate' instead of 'impersonate' f'course, don't know what I was thinking about, can't possibly have been..., no surely not, anyway, my English's going to pots really these days on here, have just read my last post in Postbag, one or 2 shockers there as well, maybe too much of TalkRadio football these days, that must be what it is, they're all foreign on there, Marcotti and Co

No, didn't know (putaing, t'en sais des choses toi !), saw her chez Fogiel recently - about a month ago was it ? (or was it a year ago ? -have totally lost track of time, come to think of it, could well have been about 10 yrs ago !), isn't it sad though that somebody like her has chosen to live as a recluse (somewhere on the Côte d'Azur I think) ? Such a Grande dame du cinéma francais, ça fout les jetons quand même, I mean, anyway. And if you think the 'modern' actors can claim her place 'pas de problème Harlem', think again, certainly not in the dignity stakes, that's for sure ! They've all  become  half-yobs half-egomonsters with age ! Read on. 

Nothing to do with la Jeanne, but somewhere here you mentioned G Darmon, well, a word of warning fillette, never go near him ! In the mid 80's it was, a v. respectable female friend of mine (the only one admittedly in them days), in her 20's, was an extra in one of his films (partly shot in the Sologne -can't remember which film it was), one day, at the end of the day, he asked her for a lift to the nearest train station to Paris which was a good 30 minutes away, she duly obliged, and then in the car, totally out of the blue, he started pestering her like hell (on which lines I leave it to your imagination -something to do with stroking his little 'titi', as in 'gros minet' titi), and could/would she do this and that and the other (tedious stuff really), etc. this went on for a good 20 minits. With hindsight, she said to me afterwards that she'd made the mistake of refusing straight away with a blunt NO, like within 3 minits (instead of stringing him along before dumping him off like an anchor at the station), as a result, affronted by such a bolshie stance, the man started to become overtly nasty, and did not take blunt NO for an answer, etc. eventually, after insulting her profusely, he nearly slapped her ! yeah, that's G Darmon. I think I'd like his latest film 'Les parrains', if only because it would somehow remind me of les vieilles 'Grandes Gueulles' and other Monstres Sacrés (Gabin, Ventura and Co). Did you see also what happened to Lanvin in Bruxelles 3 days ago, ended up in a police cell for being abusive to the cops ! What with pathetic Depardieu thumping all and sundry and making a tit of himself just about everywhere on the planet and desperately after the smallest sniff of dosh (and with Villeret now dead of course) that does not leave a lot of respectable 'top' French actors around ! Slight exaggeration, maybe but what a bunch a prats so many are, except for a few, like, what's her name, J. Binoche, great girl, top actress, I was amazed to find out that she'd stayed for 2 weeks in a very modest house near a friend's place at BARNSLEY (of all places) when she went over there to see Joanne Harris (for 'Chocolat' I think it was), apparently she refused point-blank to stay in a top hotel (OK, not that easy to find I suppose), went out, got drunk, just like a local lass, well, Chapeau bas, I say. 

No, didn't know (putaing, t'en sais des choses toi !), saw her chez Fogiel recently - about a month ago was it ? (or was it a year ago ? -have totally lost track of time, come to think of it, could well have been about 10 yrs ago !), isn't it sad though that somebody like her has chosen to live as a recluse (somewhere on the Côte d'Azur I think) ? Such a Grande dame du cinéma francais, ça fout les jetons quand même, I mean, anyway. And if you think the 'modern' actors can claim her place 'pas de problème Harlem', think again, certainly not in the dignity stakes, that's for sure ! They've all  become  half-yobs half-egomonsters with age ! Read on. 

Nothing to do with la Jeanne, but somewhere here you mentioned G Darmon, well, a word of warning fillette, never go near him ! In the mid 80's it was, a v. respectable female friend of mine (the only one admittedly in them days), in her 20's, was an extra in one of his films (partly shot in the Sologne -can't remember which film it was), one day, at the end of the day, he asked her for a lift to the nearest train station to Paris which was a good 30 minutes away, she duly obliged, and then in the car, totally out of the blue, he started pestering her like hell (on which lines I leave it to your imagination -something to do with stroking his little 'titi', as in 'gros minet' titi), and could/would she do this and that and the other (tedious stuff really), etc. this went on for a good 20 minits. With hindsight, she said to me afterwards that she'd made the mistake of refusing straight away with a blunt NO, like within 3 minits (instead of stringing him along before dumping him off like an anchor at the station), as a result, affronted by such a bolshie stance, the man started to become overtly nasty, and did not take blunt NO for an answer, etc. eventually, after insulting her profusely, he nearly slapped her ! yeah, that's G Darmon. I think I'd like his latest film 'Les parrains', if only because it would somehow remind me of les vieilles 'Grandes Gueulles' and other Monstres Sacrés (Gabin, Ventura and Co). Did you see also what happened to Lanvin in Bruxelles 3 days ago, ended up in a police cell for being abusive to the cops ! What with pathetic Depardieu thumping all and sundry and making a tit of himself just about everywhere on the planet and desperately after the smallest sniff of dosh (and with Villeret now dead of course) that does not leave a lot of respectable 'top' French actors around ! Slight exaggeration, maybe but what a bunch a prats so many are, except for a few, like, what's her name, J. Binoche, great girl, top actress, I was amazed to find out that she'd stayed for 2 weeks in a very modest house near a friend's place at BARNSLEY (of all places) when she went over there to see Joanne Harris (for 'Chocolat' I think it was), apparently she refused point-blank to stay in a top hotel (OK, not that easy to find I suppose), went out, got drunk, just like a local lass, well, Chapeau bas, I say. 

I don't know anything about Juliette Binoche, except that she is very pretty.  Perhaps Vraititi knows the friend of a friend who has had luch with Bob Geldorf.

I now know what to do if ever I see Gérard Darmon thumbing a lift.

My soft spot for Richard Berry has grown into a big patch since seeing him on Ardisson last night for his new film starring José Garcia, all about the mind, looks like du sérieux.

Catherine Deneuve, on Les Enfants de la Télé with Arthur, has a new one coming out end November "Palais Royal" with that funny Valerie what's her name, Lemercier.  That looks like another for SB...