Non-biological washing powder

Tony F Dordogne

Not sure whether this is the right section but here goes.

My OH can't find non-biological washing powder in LeCler5k, Champion or anywhere else that we shop.

Couple of questions really - do they have it in France?  And if they do, what on earth is it called?

Many thanks - help gratefully received on this one, it will save us bringing it back from the UK.

This is really spooky - I have just spent half an hour going boggle-eyed in Champion trying to decide which washing powder I need because of our septic tank - just moved in!!!!!  And I am still non the wiser and have heaps of washing to do. Does anyone know what type or brand I need to keep the old fosse happy?

I use something called "Dash" which comes in tablet form - this is because I have sensitive skin, rather than for fosse septique reasons. I think it's non-bio; whatever it is, it suits my itchy skin. In the UK I used Fairy non-bio - this seems to be similar. I buy it in the hypermarket & in our local Shopi.

For your septic tanks use only marked "sans danger aux fosse septiques". Have had to stop using any form of washing powder because none of them seem to dissolve like they did. Gone onto liquid and no more nasty white powder lines when the washing is dry or powder coming out when I iron them. I think others have had the same trouble and its not the cheap ones either doing it.

Sorry to but in on your question to Val2..............I switched to the liquid with Aloe Vera (Skip, I think it is) and all my menfolks 'nasty little irritations' have gone, well not all of them, obviously, it would take a bit more than a bit of non-bio liquid to do that ![:D]

Chris

Yes, liquid is the only way to go now except for Ariel which we have never been able to use anywhere. I am finding though that the Super U lessive liquide parfumée leaves the clothes with that horrible damp dog smell if they are not dried asap after the wash (another tip maybe) but the price is good and I do begrudge spending double for just a name when others do the job as well.