Muguet Day

Likewise!!................this post reminded me of an amusing thing that happened last May 1st. I opened the door to a chap who said that he knew that we had some Muguet in our garden, and could he possibly have some for his children - thinking that he meant for his children to give to their Mum, I said yes - he then proceeded to pick about 40 stems...........It turns out that his kids were going to sell them in the local town for 1.50€ per 3 stems!!!

Chris

Anyone who wants is welcome to come and dig up some of ours - it is trying to make a takeover bid for our driveway!

At 2 euros for a small pot in the garden centres I can't help but think we're missing out on making a killing here ...

Phil

My late husband was French and on the 1st of May every year he used to give me a bunch of lily of the valley as apparently it is a tradition that all "young" men give these to their girlfriends/wives as a mark of love.

I got a bunch off my mother-in-law!

I was hanging out my washing this evening and started chatting with my neighbour. She invited us for aperitifs and when we were leaving she gave my daughter a lovely bouquet of roses from her garden! 

Don't forget apart from the muguet the 1st May in France  is la 'Fete du Travail'.

I know YOU knew that Mr. Smith[:)]

[quote user="chris pp"]

I gave my wife a pitchfork today and got her to work, can't be messing around with all this flower nonsense, anyway the fields full of flowers for her to look at.

Chris

[/quote]

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Right where's that caterpiller spray?

I'm just the same with my husband as you are with your wife Chris!

What's this new and old Katie, I must catch up...

I wished everyone a Happy Muguet Day, then my computer packed up and in the evening on the news everyone all over the world was manifesting, rioting and throwing things at each other.  It was a lovely day.