QUALITY PROBLEMS with Artisans work

partout

We engaged a siret registered electrical company to install electrics throughout our house, including 4 ceiling outlets for track lighting.

We now find when we come to connect the lighting that there is no electrical power to some of the outlets ( all circuit breakers have been checked ).

The artisan has failed to respond to telephone calls and we are in the process of writing to him, what should we do next if we do not get a satisfactory conclusion ? He has been paid in full.

OK no answers, well how about if I word this another way, the house was checked out an everything seemed ok electrical wise that is, and it is only now that we go to wire our track lights that the pieces of wire hanging from the ceiling are not working, BUT 2 of these wire connections do work, it is the others that do not, And we assumed ,like any one would do, that if the light bulbs worked on the two of them, that were fitted by the electrician,  the others would also be connected even though there were no bulb fittings attached. Is this unreasonable.....

I know nothing about electrical work but just simply that someone has or does not have a siret number does not mean anything whatsoever.

Before we did any work either here in the Vendee or when we lived in Normandie we asked around did our research asked at the Mairie and our neighbours as to who is good who is not and the rest of such stuff.

Then we uttered a single prayer.

But to date we have not been let down save for here in the Vendee and granite worktops but that is another problem totally.

My suggestion is to get someone else in having done the research and see what he says then take a viewpoint. I am in the law back in the UK and there if any problems obviously you have some pretty strong consumer laws to protect you. But as in everything I believe it is better to resolve what is between you. I would write to your guy and by recorded delivery and keep on making yourself a nuisance but nicely.

If then no response think but only briefly about going to the law. Here I can tell you it takes forever and costs a heck of a lot and it jmight be simpler to pay for the work to be done by someone else.

Hi

The electrician/plumber is quite well known in the area and his small business  is very busy, we were recommended to him by various individuals. All of his other work as far as we can tell is good, just that towards the end of the job he got a little fed up of working on the site. Our query was not necessarily to go down the legal path, but to find an alternative way, maybe to contact his local mairie or chambre de commerce, has anyone had any experience in doing this.

We had a similar problem when the electrician did some re-wireing and installed extra lighting.

Lo and behold after he and his apprentice had left we could not get the new lights to work. We called him to return and rectify the work, which he did in the next couple of days. He simply pointed out the extra circuit breaker switch that had been installed, mounted on the wall behind the refridgerator, as the original circuit was incapable of the extra load.

We were most embarrassed and had to be humble in our oversight.