clothes sizes.

Patf

Cinq-E the ladies round here have definitely got flatish bottoms when they are thin. The bigger ones have bigger bottoms, but you are right about the thin legs, even the bigger ladies seem to have thin legs. My now retired hair dresser  was very thin and fit too, doing her 'footing' every day. I remember her telling me one day that she would hate to lose her bottom, truthfully she has a flatter bottom that most men I know.

Shoes, I went up a size after each child was born. I used to take, depending on the make a 51/2 or 6, so when I came here took a 38 or 39. Then I went up to 40 then 41, but it depends on the make. If in doubt I look on the labels inside trainers, they usually have UK and french sizes marked in them.

TU, the bottoms might have regional variations aren't you in the Hautes-Alpes??? It is quite a way from my area. Here where I live, about 30% people are of Spanish origin, most emigrated around the Spanish Civil War time. The Mediterranean shape does sound different from the Alpine shape. I must look more closely.[8-|]

For good bras, I have found that DIM are the best, closest to what I used to find in the UK. And you can get the no-frill version, if your skin is sensitive and if lace makes you prone to itching, if you are the type of person who needs to cut off all labels at the neck because you are demented with the gradual itchiness.

One thing I just cannot find is a sports bra. I tried all the Decathlon ones and they had pointy cups like you only see in cartoons[:'(] Terribly uncomfortable. I still have my excellent, but old Berlet one from the UK, called "Shock Absorber" - great for jumping up and down on the rebounder.

Shoes, I have always known that size 5 is size 38. The tricky part is if you are a half-size, i.e. 4 1/2 for me, usually between 37  and 38. I have not noticed that my feet have got bigger yet, but that might be because I have only been back here 6 years.[:)]

I went to a "knicker party" locally, and they reinforced what I knew already - 36F is not a legal bra-size in France!

Wear 38E instead? thay must be joking!

I went to the Uk for a W/E and bought out the local M&S - 5 bras that fit, that will keep me going for until-I-lose-some-more-weight!!!

thanks for the link - I was beginning to think I was deformed!

I do hate buying bras when I can't try them on though, so I'm not going to be really, really desperate until the current M&S lot wear out! Oh, and as the true optimist that I am, I hope to have lost weight by then - LOL!

To join the "bottom debate" I have noticed the same thing as TU, French women seem to have flat bottoms. I'm in the south of France, but I'm not sure I would describe it as a mediterranian area.  I haven't noticed larger bottoms here, but since I live in a sort of new town, there are a lot of people whose parents weren't from the region. still on the regional shape idea. I think that Breton ladies are wider shouldered than the average french woman

This is great, I'm going to spend all day looking at people's bottoms..... (that could get me thrown out of school for unprofessional conduct)

[quote user="Mistral"]

To join the "bottom debate" I have noticed the same thing as TU, French women seem to have flat bottoms. I'm in the south of France, but I'm not sure I would describe it as a mediterranian area.  I haven't noticed larger bottoms here,

This is great, I'm going to spend all day looking at people's bottoms..... (that could get me thrown out of school for unprofessional conduct)

[/quote]

Tee hee hee[:D]...

How to spot a LF poster: they scan the street at bottom-level....

Just to be pedantic though, is it flat bottoms vs. large bottoms??? That's not quite what I meant. To spell it out, I meant flat bottoms vs. well-rounded buttocks - which some try to create by sticking their bottom in the air, thereby probably causing their lower spine irreparable damage/lordosis...

But I too, will have to go out this morning specifically to do a bottom survey. It will have to be a trans-generational one, see whether there are constants and variables.

I hope nobody challenges you while you are investigating at school Mistral..[:P].

[quote user="5-element"]I had been wondering how long it would take before this happened....[+o(][/quote]\

No kidding.

How come nobody has mentioned the men's flat butts ?  I don't know how many times I am out and notice men wearing jeans that literally flap where a butt is supposed to be.  Is this some sort of genetic malfunction ?  I realize the anatomy of a man does not require a shaped butt, but doesn't it require some sort of butt?? 

Bugbear, now you can try to find a photo of that !

The ladies here, when they put on weight get rounded bottoms, then when they lose it their bots are flat and not like that dangerous gal in the photo.

I remember when I was young my friends eyeing up some blokes at a rugby club and one friend saying 'nice bum'. I am an 'eye' person myself and was surprised about that at the time.