Mid year Electric meter reading

I don't know if I have had these before as meter was outside at previous house, and so I wouldn't have known if the readers had been.

But EDF wrote to me, made a rdv and a chap came round and took a reading a couple of weeks ago, nothing has been updated on my online account space with EDF. Will EDF automatically adjust our monthly payments if it looks as though it is needed ?

EDF will take the correct payment according to your meter reading, it usually takes a few weeks from the meter reading.

If like us you pay bi-monthly then EDF only adjusts the payments after the bi-yearly meter readings the rest of the year the reading is estimated which is usually higher than the actual reading.

We pay monthly and previously our end of year was in February/ March and we usually had to stump up extra. The end of year reading was always online within 24 hours.

Presently our end of year is in August, so I am hoping the dearer months will be behind us.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]They may also charge 26,95 for the cost of the visit.[/quote]

If that's the case tell them to go fourth and multiply !!! Never heard such a charge being incurred (unless they come to cut you off...)

I believe the way it works is ERDF group together all the meters in the area that haven't been read for 12 months and write to say that they want to read the meter on , say, 17th March.

If that isn't suitable and you arrange a new date to suit you then you will have to pay for the special visit.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]I believe the way it works is ERDF group together all the meters in the area that haven't been read for 12 months and write to say that they want to read the meter on , say, 17th March.

If that isn't suitable and you arrange a new date to suit you then you will have to pay for the special visit.[/quote]

No, you don't have to pay if you arrange a day which is more convenient for you.

From the standard contract

le relevé du compteur au moins une fois par an si le Client dispose

d’une puissance inférieure ou égale à 36 kVA, autant de fois que

nécessaire si le Client dispose d’une puissance supérieure à 36 kVA.

Dans les cas où l’accès au compteur nécessite la présence du Client,

celui-ci est informé au préalable du passage d’ERDF.

Si un compteur n’a pas pu être relevé du fait de l’impossibilité de cet

accès, ERDF peut exiger un rendez-vous avec le Client pour un relevé

spécial qui sera facturé spécifiquement.