What do you love and hate about France?

glacier1

Just read this website, I wanted to know what you all think about it?

http://www.languedocliving.com/Languedoc/polls/6-6.php

I am here now 5 years, and I am struggling to find reasons to stay here, but I do not want to go back to the UK......doing a big soul search at the moment.

I speak French perfect, worked here, did a university course here, but I am just tired of all the bull s.....t of working here.

what are your thoughts?

[quote user="NormanH"]But isn't that the loathsome Frith-Powell website?[/quote]

I don't think so. If you look at the "about us" section it seems to be two blokes

[quote user="NormanH"]To give an idea of its validity 8 out of 12 restaurants reviewed  in my town are closed, and I would strongly disagree with 2 of the other 4 reviews.[/quote]

The reviews seem entirely outdated and the forum looks basically abandoned.

Regards

Pickle

I'd not heard of that website, so went looked; the forum showed a post in October this year, so it's not been totally abandoned.

I also looked at restaurants; the only restaurant shown in our town closed down maybe a couple of years ago! We rather hoped it was only for work to be done on the lovely building, but it wasn't to be. Work has started and stopped several times and was again at a standstill last time I passed it. Such a pity.

I love the people on the forum who help in so many ways with information that avoids the situation of the "cautionary tale" where everyone who has a vested interest keeps quiet about everything until afterwards so they can line their pockets first, as costs are roughly double that of the UK it's not funny