Oh, Ahhh President Cantona

just john

[quote user="just john "]

The state of the Nation [:D]

.telegraph. /Eric-Cantona-announces-bid-for-French-presidency.

[/quote]

Indeed the state of france is well...parlous..

But Cantona will draw attention to two things:

Firstly the democratically corrupt system of NON SECRET votes required from 500 mayors endorsing the candidate.

And finally a click on Eric Cantona's web page will reveal the SECOND important aspect of the candidacy.

I invite you to click:

www.ericantona.fr

ERIC CANTONA

citoyen engagé

www.ericantona.fr

Paris, le 4 janvier 2012,

Madame, Monsieur le Maire,

Comme vous le savez, au-delà d’activités professionnelles qui m’ont conduit d’une carrière sportive de haut niveau

à des activités artistiques, je suis un citoyen attentif à notre époque, aux chances qu’elle offre aux plus jeunes — trop

limitées — aux injustices qu’elle génère — trop nombreuses, trop violentes, trop systématiques.

Je suis un citoyen engagé.

Cet engagement m’impose aujourd’hui de prendre la parole, plus gravement qu’à l’accoutumée, mais aussi avec

un sens aigu de ma responsabilité, à l’heure où notre pays est au devant de choix difficiles et déterminants pour son

avenir.

Cet engagement m’amène à me tourner vers vous, car vous êtes dans la fonction que vous occupez, un acteur prépondérant

du quotidien de vos administrés, de nos concitoyens, vous êtes un maillon puissant de confiance dans le

personnel politique, dans l’avenir de nos institutions, et dans le lien social que vous contribuez à tisser jour après jour,

mois après mois, année après année.

Si je me tourne vers vous, Madame, Monsieur le Maire, c’est pour requérir votre signature dans le cadre du débat

politique dans lequel le pays s’engage. C’est une marque de confiance que j’attends de vous, un acte qui garantira à

vos préoccupations d’être justement représentées dans ce débat. Mon objectif, vous l’aurez compris, est de recueillir

500 signatures au moins...

Elle me permettront de porter un message simple mais clair ; un message de vérité mais de respect ; un message

solidaire et puissant. Un message attendu par notre pays et par ces millions de familles dont on oublie les souffrances

quotidiennes et desquelles la puissance publique s’est éloignée.

Si vous m’accordez votre paraphe, je saurai porter cette idée forte, avec bien d’autres aussi déterminés que moi, et

je le ferai également en votre nom.

Je vous remercie par avance de bien vouloir marquer votre approbation en renvoyant le formulaire que vous trouverez

ci-joint.

Je vous prie d’accepter, Madame, Monsieur le Maire, l’expression de mon plus profond respect.

For me it is not what he stands for (which may be laudable) but who will stand with him; therefore his understanding that his protests are not enough, and president is a step too far. He has little past that qualifies him at this time, and no political party backing him. This is demonstrated by his lack of previous realism in December 2010, he called on French savers to stage a nationwide bank run by withdrawing their money from financial institutions because of their role in triggering the global financial crisis. Panned by the media as a flop, almost no one in France heeded the call. [:D]

Despite what we think of the other contenders, Eric is not realistically one.

For me it is not what he stands for (which may be laudable) but who will stand with him; therefore his understanding that his protests are not enough, and president is a step too far. He has little past that qualifies him at this time, and no political party backing him. This is demonstrated by his lack of previous realism in December 2010, he called on French savers to stage a nationwide bank run by withdrawing their money from financial institutions because of their role in triggering the global financial crisis. Panned by the media as a flop, almost no one in France heeded the call. [:D]

Despite what we think of the other contenders, Eric is not realistically one.

[/quote]

Your thread title and smiley explain your dogmatic stance quite sufficiently.

But still intrigued to learn why you find his allies so amusing.

in December 2010, he called on French savers to stage a nationwide bank run by withdrawing their money from financial institutions because of their role in triggering the global financial crisis.

[/quote]

Personally I consider the current announcement as an extension of the ""Carton rouge pour le mal-logement" which also occured in the year 2010.

But the Abbé Pierre annual report on the 1st february next may clarify the politics.

I am frankly astonished at your naivety in regarding Cantona as anything else than a " true-false candidate" in the tradition of french presidential elections....perhaps not the standing of a Coluche but some feathers will get ruffled....in particular "poisonous dwarf feathers".[;-)]