Contracts sent to me by the mayor

French Frank

I have just received through the post two contracts relating to my house in France.

They were sent by the mayor of the village where the house is located.

They are contracts for water and sanitation. unfortunately they are long winded and I keep slipping into a near coma trying to interpret them.

in a nutshell, are they something i should expect to receive, and what exactly do they relate to (i presume water and sanitation rates).

Also i presume some kind of bill will follow, any guidelines on this.

Thanks for any advice on this.

We never got a contract but our water and sewage is controlled by the commune and its them we pay. One thing to watch for. With ours they charged us for water in and water out based on the meter reading of water in. We have a fosse so there is no water out. Once I pointed this out to the mayor our bill almost halved.

• 1 month later...

[quote user="Quillan"]We never got a contract but our water and sewage is controlled by the commune and its them we pay. One thing to watch for. With ours they charged us for water in and water out based on the meter reading of water in. We have a fosse so there is no water out. Once I pointed this out to the mayor our bill almost halved.[/quote]

Same thing happened to us Q.