Divorce Lawyer - English Speaking

Claire

Hi I am an English legal guy but with no knowledge of divorce save for an earlier divorce. But I have sat in on divorce here for a Scottish friend. It is horrendous takes for ages and the Avocat's with the greatest of respect tend to milk the system. It takes as I say for ages and with tongue in cheek the male of the species tends sometimes to get the better judgment here.

My advice go back to the UK and serve from there.

[quote user="Claire"]Oh no! I had been told it may take less time...and I don't want things going in his favour..its his bloomin fault. I will have to really look into this.[/quote]

Don't want to depress you, but mine took 12 years[:-))] because my ex 'disappeared'.  Don't ask about the 'separation de biens' as I may well slit my wrists.....  It's a miserable moment for you Claire and I wish you all the best.  Jen

[quote user="Gemonimo"]mine took 12 years[:-))] because my ex 'disappeared'. Jen[/quote]

16 years after her husband disappeared, a French friend recognised him on a TV program...

She contacted the producers and was finally able to get a divorce...

[quote user="dragonrouge"]Hi I am an English legal guy but with no knowledge of divorce save for an earlier divorce. But I have sat in on divorce here for a Scottish friend. It is horrendous takes for ages and the Avocat's with the greatest of respect tend to milk the system. It takes as I say for ages and with tongue in cheek the male of the species tends sometimes to get the better judgment here. My advice go back to the UK and serve from there.[/quote]

I've given the same advice on another forum. Do it in the UK.

As dragonrouge says, the system in France seems to be biased in favour of the male. This was my friend's experience anyway.

Claire - just in case you missed my reply to your post on the South West forum here it is again:

I don't know anyone personally though I will ask around*.  However, the following article (which contains a name to contact) may be helpful in the meantime.

http://www.lost-in-france.com/living-in-france/life/416-divorce-options

Good luck,

Val

*  I asked around and a couple of people suggested ringing Victoria Headdon.  Although she is primarily a property lawyer she would certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

Victoria HEADDON, Headdon Consulting, Le Moulie, 32190 Rozes  Tel: 05 62 68 00 81  English and French spoken.

Claire,

If it is any use, I used Victoria for advice on succession / inheritance stuff, and she is OK.  Whether she would know about divorce is another matter, but it is certainly worth a call.  She may well know of someone even if she cannot help.