Leclerc Card

Juswundrin

I'm not sure this is the right part of the forum, and it's a bit trivial, but could anyone let me know how to redeem the cash I've earned on my Leclerc card?

I know it'll need to be done in December, but do you just ask the cashier? Or the reception desk? In which case, do they give you vouchers, or..?

[quote]The cashiers in Leclerc tell you, don't they? "Vous avez 15 centimes sur votre carte, vous voulez garder ou enlever?" or something like that. Ours does anyway. Intermarché works the same way.[/quote]

Thanks for that, I obviously get the uncommunicative cashiers (my fault for going in at lunchtime, I suppose )

PLEASE don't tell me the balance has to be redeemed in December - we called at the LeClerc in Boulogne on our way back to the UK a week or so ago; went in with 3.24€ on our card, redeemed this against our purchases but still came out with 45€ credit obtained! (mainly thanks to a brilliant whisky offer)

It just says on the till receipt that this is valid against our next purchases in that store - no time limit.

We'll not be back there until next Spring - will the 45€ been wiped out at the end of the year?

Aggh - & I don't even like whisky! (But Pete loves it)

Barbara

My friends have just swapped nearly 8000 points at Super U for 150€ in two vouchers of 75€ which they have to spend within two months and only one voucher per visit. Its great for them as there is nothing in the gift catalogue they want and they have bought all their expensive booze to take for xmas in the UK practically free. I'm almost upto 6000 points again and might have a go for the digital camera even if its not the best one,OK for a beginner to practice on.

Just won 50 points in Champion on a scratchcard, now have 1300 saved. The choice is doing my brain in, I can redeem them and get a pinny(very chic) and a corkscrew(not needed with bag in box!) or shall I save untill I am old and grey for the ladies bike at 2 million points!

I always used to shop at Stoc/Champion until I decided it was getting too dear.  I think I was confusing 100€ with 1000F.  You can get money vouchers from them but they don't advertise it.

Now I am a great saver at Super U and I am going for the money.........

15 centimes sounds about right for my LeClerc card.

Then there is Carrefour.......

Why not write or phone and see if you can get some verification on this. Have just been in Leclerc at polygone perpignan, it was mad....they are closed tomorow,and we came out without buying anything. If I remember next Tues,when we pass by I will make enquiries.

What a kind offer, thanks very much Opas, you're a star!

I don't think my French is up to direct communication; I'll try to find an answer via their web-site, but if you could enquire I'd be most grateful.

Otherwise anyone going to Boulogne - could use 45€ if it's otherwise going to expire!

Barbara.

Well, looks like we're stuffed, from their web-site:-

Les " Tickets E.LECLERC " en question ?
Ils sont crédités automatiquement sur votre carte, utilisables dès le lendemain de leur émission et cumulables jusqu'au 31 décembre de l'année en cours (sauf les tickets acquis en décembre qui sont utilisables l'année suivante).

Are you too far away from the southern ports to make  a day trip? the sun has just been offering  France for £1 trips, I am sure of one the other daily papers will do the same.

If not send it to me with your code, could get some nice pressies for the girls with that!

North Cheshire I'm afraid, but I've just arranged to sent it to some friends who are over there now but returning via Boulogne late November - it has to be used in the store where credited I gather, so they've got a Boulogne spend & one in Auch.

Thanks again & sorry about the girls' presents!

Barbara.

Super U have a catalogue of enticing gifts which you should be able to pick up in store.  I have one next to me now!  (Very tidy, me!)  For JUST 70 points you could get a puzzle!  For 6500 points you could bet a BIKE!  How exciting is all this?

There again, you can go for the dosh.  280 points for 5€  up to 3990 points for 75€.  They do have vouchers in between.

Once you have enought points you go to the caisse and order your chosen high quality gift.

We don't have an Auchan near so can't help you there.

I am not a great shopper at LeClerc either but I have never 'lost' money by not redeeming my points from one year.  I think.

• 6 months later...

Resurrected this thread to report that - shock but def. not horror - our points weren't wiped out in December at all!

Friends to whom we sent the card late last year used the points at Auch but the Boulogne ones were, we thought, wasted.

Imagine our surprise then, when last week I presented my card & was asked if I wanted to pay with it - the 45€ accumulated in November was still there!

Can't guarantee it'd happen again at the end of this year though; I'll play safe & spend it all before we go.

Pete & Barbara - pleased as Punch & Judy!