Here is one for the Vodka lovers... I bet you didnt know this...

Afy

Given the high prices of decent Vodka in France, here is an innovative and easy solution.

Get your self a Brita Filter available in most super markets.

Get a bottle of vodka that costs no more than 7 or 8 Euros... which essentially puts it in the crap category.

Now pass it through the Brita filter four or five times... and Voila it tastes like a vodka in the 20-30 Euro category.

I do know that this sounds very strange and pretty much like a snake oil recipe. However I do this all the time, and most people drinking the Brita Vodka, think that they are drinking Absolut, or Stolichinaya etc... when it really is some crap I picked up for 6.55

I do want to try it with Whisky... but since I pretty much only drink Vodka... it might be a while.

Basically you are only doing what the dear vodka companies do in house.

I doubt if it would work with whisky. It is quite possible to filter whisky so much that you turn it into vodka. It is the impurity that makes whisky whisky. I've got a mate who is a whisky blender and it is all down to the polyphenols apparently.

Turning pastis into absinthe would at the very least require a further distillation process.

[quote]Given the high prices of decent Vodka in France, here is an innovative and easy solution. Get your self a Brita Filter available in most super markets. Get a bottle of vodka that costs no more tha...[/quote]

No wonder why my neighbour's parrot is always off its perch!

Does she mix her water-jugs when giving the bird some water?...

If that is what she does with her liquid poison, she won't need the supplementary fuel allowance this next winter!...

I must tell my son about this!... He was expelled for a week from boarding school for being in possession of a 1/2 pint bottle of cheap vodka! If he had poured the bottle in a filter jug, his housemaster and headmaster would have been none the wiser!...

If I ever learnt a good trick ... This one is gold!!

Or, buy a bottle of Zubrowka from your local supermarket for only €13, stick it in the freezer for 24 hours, and drink neat.

The trouble with most so called quality vodkas is that they report to be polish, russian etc, but are usually made in the UK! It's an outrage, scandal etc etc

Regards

Simon

I am very boring, it has to be Absolute - pref of red label type. It then has to be put into the freezer and forgotten for as long as possible. THEN you know it is good when it pours straight from the freezer and for some strange reason warms the cockles of your heart.

Think I have a Brita filter somewhere but if it freezes it aint no good.

Do ou think it would work for dark rum?  I've tried the lot and they're all c***!!!  It's getting embarrassing to keep asking the same people to bring me supplies over from the UK.

"You mean you've drunk what we bought you last month already?!?!"