take away food

amy

I've lived in France for nearly 8 years now and there is no such thing as a fish and chip shop. People have in the past posted about mobile vans, for fish and chips, or the odd restaurant that does them, but I think they are few and far between. Sorry, but I think it is a bit of a no hoper. Curry is not as hard to find, but generally I find French curries very disappointing. I don't think you will find takeaway as such anywhere, but restaurants will often do take away with a 10% or so discount. Far better to go to a large supermarket and buy the sauces to make your own. Carrefour and co sell Patak's.

You shouldn't find a shortage of fish; why not make your own? Not being bloody minded, but the only takeaway (and you have to go and get it) in the Normandy area I was in for 15 years was a mini-Indian, opened when he felt like it so you could never tell, didn't have a phone and was run by someone from Birmingham! Some pizza places do takeaway, as do many lebanese/oriental (not chinese), you collect, they knock 10% off the resto price.

And I didn't have a car!

[quote]I've lived in France for nearly 8 years now and there is no such thing as a fish and chip shop. People have in the past posted about mobile vans, for fish and chips, or the odd restaurant that does t...[/quote]

Paramé, just along from Saint Malo has a fish and chip shop.

Opened some 10 years ago or so and created and run in the initial years by a couple of people we now know well (they actually went for training back in the UK), it is now in French hands who had training in their early days by the ex owners.

Genuine chippie with add ons like burgers etc and MALT vinegar ! Took a while for the French to latch on apparently but still going strong.

[quote]Paramé, just along from Saint Malo has a fish and chip shop.Opened some 10 years ago or so and created and run in the initial years by a couple of people we now know well (they actually went for train...[/quote]

I stand corrected and bow to your superiour knowledge!!!!!

Now the question is, how do I get there from Lyon? A long way to go for a takeaway!!