vivre la differrence

mint

already getting into french mode for our trip over later today, my husband went to a well-known supermarket and brought home some croissants for breakfast

full of anticipation, i looked at the package and noted that it said "healthy living - 50% less fat"  eueuch!!!

i bet the french do not go in for such namby-pambyishness

oh well, should be having the full fat yummy gallic version tomorrow morning

In the supermarkets, there are just as many huile de tournasol as pur beurre.  Even the boulangerie has two kinds...lower fat being one.

I'm a pur beurre type of Girl.  If I'm going to push the boat out, I might as well sin completely.  No point otherwise[;-)]

[quote user="Alexis"]   I'm a pur beurre type of Girl.  If I'm going to push the boat out, I might as well sin completely.  No point otherwise[;-)]   [/quote]

FULLY agree with that!!

Unfortunately here I have to make do with an inferior brand supermarket... and their croissants are plain horrible. An other one notch up brand supermarket nearest to me (well... 30miles) have the same kind of non-descript croissants but! they have redeemed themselves with my 'O! I am so home sick' stomach... They have BRIOCHE!! and it's the real MacCoy! Made in Vendée! I fed the freezer with them and have quite a supply for my breakfast to last me a siege! Thick slices of brioche with lashings of jam or made into an 'eggy bread' type thing - pain perdu to you all.... YumYumYummy!!

What else would a girl like me want ?.... something from home! ... well not quite as Vendée is next door to Deux-Sèvres... still it will do...