xmas pud

booboo

[quote user="booboo"]I've just found at the back of my cupboard, a Marks & Spencer xmas pud: best before 13th feb 2005 !! Do you think it's edible??[/quote]

Yes, but make your own it will be so much nicer; make 2 and keep one for next year.

Simon

It should be fine if it has lots of booze in it to preserve it.

I have a pudding that I made at least four years ago and when I got it out the other day and had a look at it, the top looked a bit dry but yes, I will be cooking it this year.  I will either feed it up with brandy or cut that bit off...

Not Xmas pud but same kind of mixture in the making of it : Wedding cakes

For the occasion my being wed to her Darling Son!! my MIL made a three tiered wedding cake. The bottom tier was eaten at the wedding. The middle tier had the privilege 3+1/2 years later of the same demise for Son&Heir's christening and 3+1/2 years on from this occasion, the top tier disappeared on Dear Daughter's christening.

There was enough brandy in it to float an entire navy and enough marzipan and icing sugar to protect the inside of the cake against nuclear fall out!!

No ill effect from anyone for eating it and possibly the whole thing had well matured and was more edible on its last outing.

We have a Robertsons Xmas pud, it doesn't have a best by date as they didn't have them then & it also has a golliwog on the box. I think we'll probably just keep it for posterity now though! Depending on how the pud is kept, it should last for a good few years.

As Missy said, the same goes for a wedding/Christmas cake. Although, you might need to change the icing before eating.