Four letter word - diet part 2

Joy1

Lost 500g this week but haven't been good re the alcohol. Also hubby wouldn't let me exercise because I pulled a muscle in leg. I thought I might be able to work it off but he said he wouldn't drive me to casualty. Leg feels better now and I'm definitely not having alcohol this week. Clothes are feeling very loose and it's a great feeling. Going to try very hard to lose more and not lose that great feeling.Going to shock everyone at Christmas.

The Other Jan

Still slimming and smiling [:D]

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Jan! I don't seem to be doing as well, have been good again all week (only 2 glasses of wine at weekend) and I have stayed the same[:(] What am I doing wrong???? No bread, no wine, no chocolate and only 1200 cals a day! I think I actually need to eat more, I always loose some the first week of eating this amount but then stay the same, it is soooo depressing! I may swap my diet regime this week and eat more in the hope of loosing something! Sounds daft but everytime I go to the UK for a week at my parents and eat small helpings of everything I loose a pound! (My dog has the same problem according to my electric scales, he's been on a restricted diet for 9 months now and still weighs the same!!!) Congratulations to all who have lost and here's hoping I will next week! Joy

Well done Other Jan - if I were you I'd carry on with the alcohol, it obviously works!!

Joy, don't be despondent! As I keep saying, just stick with it and you WILL lose weight - though no bread, no wine and no chocolate sounds like a dissaster waiting to happen!  Why are you doing this to yourself?  Not only are you miserable because the weight isn't coming off fast enough but you're making yourself MORE miserable by banning the things you love.  Stop it at once!! [:D] Healthy eating and losing weight is not about cutting out things that you like, but having them in moderation.  I happen to like wine [:)] - rather a lot - so I use my calorie allowance and have a glass or three of wine - EVERY day!! (think we need to have a little smiley face with a big red nose and rosey cheeks and the work 'hic' coming out of his mouth, please).

And to prove that it works, I've lost another lb this week.  It's not the 1.75lbs that I needed to keep to my target weight loss but hey, it's a weight loss and I'm delighted!

Anyway, my glass of vin rouge awaits so must dash!

Lynda xx

Well done Lynda and it must feel great to have vin rouge and still lose weight. I am jealous [6]

Joy I understand how you feel it is so disappointing to be good and not lose. I did it for months eating little and not losing then decided I wasn't eating enough and body had gone into starvation mode hanging on to every ounce of fat. Just by chance I found an old book belonging to my sister 'Rosemary Conley's Flat Stomach Plan' It is a low fat diet with aerobic and stretching exercises.It has worked wonders. I don't follow the recipes but just the basic no fat principle and the exercises have even cured all the aches and pains. I think the aerobic are to get the metabolism going ( believe me it had gone completely) and the stretching are so you don't get saggy skin [:D]

At the minute am strictly sticking to no fat but do have weeks when I eat goodies but have maintained weight for a year now.

PS Rosemary says we can have a glass of wine a day. I'm trying to give liver a rest though before Christmas, got such a scare at Docs when he checked colour of white of eye [blink]

The Other Jan

Hello again all. Where is everyone today? After careful consideration I have binned my electronic scales (henceforth called nasty scales[6]  I) and gone back to my good old mechanical ones! The nasty scales say I am now 200g heavier that in August, despite almost continual dieting! The nice scales (last used in August) say I am actually 5lb lighter than in August! (My clothes are definately not as tight either`!) The final crunch came when my son had his medical at school yesterday and came home with a nice letter to confirm his height and weight etc. I got him to stand on my (nasty) scales - and guess what? He was 3kg heavier than on the school scales. As he only weighs 44kilos a 3 kilo difference is quite a big one! SO, from now on I will stick to the old scales, even though it is hard to see if you've lost less than a pound![:D] I will continue with the healthy diet (only wine at weekends) and see what happens next week! (Even the dog has lost weight according to old scales!) Hope you have all had a good week, 3 weeks today!!!!!!!!!! Joy

Hi Joy

I agree about scales.  My new ones weigh me in as 3kg heavier than my old ones, so I stick to my old ones now even though they are on their last legs !!! 

Got back from England on Saturday and weighted in at 2lb less than when I went.  Just goes to prove that retail therapy is good for you.

Am now going to try and stay off the vino until Christmas, in an attempt to shift a couple more pounds before then.

Jan

Hi Jan. Congratulation on the weight loss! What is it with scales? I just worked out that my nasty scales, which only show kilos, when I converted the weight into stones, weigh me in at 11lb heavier than my UK scales! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! I believe my old scales, if I weighed that much my clothes would definately not fit!!!! That's the last time I weigh myself in Kilos! Joy[:D]

Hi Everyone

Can't believe another week has gone by!  Another lb off for me - hurrah !! [:D]  Acutally it should have been two - and WAS two on Friday then had a bit of a blow out on Saturday (2 year anniversary of us moving into our house) so went out and had lovely lunch and two bottles of wine!! [:$]  Now only showing one lb down - and it was one lb UP on Sunday!

Getting very excited about going back to UK for Christmas - seeing kids, shopping for wedding outfit, etc etc.  We're driving there and back (South Charente to York !!!) as we're taking the two dogs with us.  We do it all in one go, two hour driving stints whilst the other one sleeps, though we do have lots of pit stops for the dogs - and us!

Anyway, keep up the good work everyone - whichever scales you use [:D] - and remember how FAB you're going to feel when Father Christmas slips his arm around your waist and tells you how hot your looking - and I don't mean as a result of a 'tropical moment' !!!!

Till next week ...

Lynda xx

Congratulations Lynda and have a brilliant trip! You must have moved into your house at almost the same time as we moved into our- 2 years last Thursday! Your celebration sounded more fun than ours though- I had a glass of wine at home! Joy

Well done everyone you have had a great week and already sound like you're in the Christmas spirit ho ho ho. Have a fantastic time in England Lynda, it will be a magical Christmas.

Joy, it must be such a relief to find out it is the nasty scales bet the dog is happy too.

I haven't lost anything this week, a bit disappointed but may have got over enthusiastic and not eaten enough. Definitely going to join you Jan and not have any alcohol, well done on losing it must have been all that running around the shops.

Not long now, can't decide what to wear [:D]

The Other Jan 

Morning again all! Only two weeks to go, can't believe it! My nice scales say I have lost 1lb this week[:D] Yeah!!! I have managed to loose 7lb since january! OK, so it's not a lot but it is nearly half way to goal! I aim to loose the other 9lb next year! (Well, and whatever I put on over Christmas, although I will try to be good!) Is anyone up for continuing next year? I would like to as reading all your inspirational weigh losses does encourage me to keep going (especially when nasty scales say I have only lost 2lb all year![6]) I will probably pop in again next tuesday, who knows maybe another 1lb lost if I can keep off the apperos and nibbles for a bit longer! Joy

Well done Joy!  Half a stone off is a good achievement and there will be some people reading this who have put ON half a stone - or even more - since January so you should feel very pleased with yourself!  [:D]

Another lb gone for me this week so I too am feeling very pleased with myself.  Off to the UK next Wednesday so will be here next Tuesday for final weigh-in of the year.  I'm definitely up for continuing next year - especially between New Year and mid February (did I mention daughter's wedding [:P]) and it will be good to carry on through the year as it keeps me focussed.  Who knows, perhaps some of those who fell by the wayside this year might join us again in January? [:P]

Till next week ...

Lynda xx

Congratulations Lynda-  I bet you have lost a lot more than 1/2 stone!!![:D]  Hope you have a great UK trip, but see you first next Tuesday for the final weigh-in of 2007! It would be great if some of the lost ones would re-appear in2008.[:)] Joy

Hello, I'm still here [:D]  Had password problems because not on usual computer. Well done Joy and Lynda, doesn't it feel good to be losers. I haven't been weighed this week because on route to Spain but I am trying to be good. Feel very happy, usually I am dressed in cement mixing clothes and my other life is packed in the suitcase which I dusted the cobwebs off this week and THE CLOTHES IN THE SUITCASE ARE TOO BIG. Definitely given me the incentive to carry on.

Joy, I lost half a stone last year and was really pleased and have now lost another 9lbs this year with some time off [6] Definitely up for losing same amount next year.

The Other Jan

Still slimming & smiling [:D]

Hi again! I did try to post earlier but the forum wasn't working and ate my message!

Congratulations other Jan, it's so brilliant when your clothes are too big[:D] I am happy cos I've lost another pound this week! That's it for this year now, so see you all in the New Year. Shall we keep to Tuesdays? 1 January? Or make the first one a Wednesday to give us a chance to recover first? Happy Christmas[B] Love Joy XX

Hi Everyone!

Tried to post yesterday evening but think the forum was having a spot of bother so please read as if yesterday!!

Well, what can I say?  I think you are all absolute STARS – for doing so well and also for still being here after a whole year – through thick and thin !! [:D]

Have been in festive ‘demob happy’ mode this week and counting calories has definitely not been on my list of things to do.  Off to UK tomorrow – with two dogs and a car full of goodies (“hampers” are the Christmas pressie theme this year) so getting very giddy – if not a tad stressed too.  Not looking forward to the drive but I’m sure that before we know it we’ll be having breakfast with our friends in York on Thursday morning.

Without becoming too emotional – though am holding a large pineau in my hand [:-))] so can’t be held accountable – I just wanted to say how brilliant it has been to share with you our quest for the body beautiful this year.  I know I strayed a little during the summer but it was reading your posts each week that finally got me back on track.  I’m thrilled to say that I have lost 22lbs this year – and some of it twice!! – and I just can’t tell you how wonderful that makes me feel.  I’m not at my personal target yet – and will definitely been even further away from it come the 1st January – so will definitely be here next year.  I’d like to stay with Tuesdays as it’s become a bit of a habit with me now, though I appreciate that there may not be very many of us here on the 1st!  Still, gives us a whole week to recover!!

Have a truly wonderful Christmas and all good wishes for a happy, healthy and successful 2008 [:D]

Festive hugs and kisses

Lynda xx

ps sorry about the weird spacing - got so fed up of losing my text that I typed it in Word and then cut and pasted ...

Congratulations Lynda, you are an absolute star and a real inspiration to me! I think I would have given up if not for your encouragement! thank you sooo much. I have lost 8lb this year so feel quite pleased wityh myself overall[:D] Have a brilliant break in the UK and see you back here next year! I am planning to weigh in on 2nd January and then make it the following Tuesday for regular weigh -ins! (Don't want to leave it another week from New Year!)

love Joy

Sorry I am late again. We all deserve to have a great Christmas and New Year and doesn't it feel so good to be a lot thinner than last year.It really was worth all the effort.

Wow Lynda 22lb loss is amazing, know what you mean about losing some of it twice, I've lost about a stone and half of that twice. Getting better at maintaining the weight though, practice makes perfect. Have a wonderful time in UK and enjoy yourself shopping for the wedding outfit in the petite section. Many thanks for keeping our spirits up and for the push when we needed it. Often thought about how much slimmer you must be looking and knew then that I could do it.

Joy,I am certainly up for losing a pound a week next year, just think what we will look like next Chrismas.[8-|] Thank you for keeping the diet going I really admired your determination especially when you had the nasty scales  and thought you weren't losing.

Lets all eat ,drink and be merry for a couple of weeks see you on the 2nd January, perhaps lots more will join in because it feels so good to be loser.

The Other Jan

Still slimming & smiling [:D]