Four letter word - diet part 2

Joy1

Ok - well at least I know where I got those extra 10kg from, you just left them lying about and I picked them up by mistake.[:D]

Well done for losing so much, chuck out all the larger size clothes so you are not tempted to slip back to the bigger size.  I am going out to local chateau repas tonight.  On foot so no excuse not to drink and none of it looks very slimming.  I am now about to go and give leftover pain au raisin from breakfast to the dogs so that I don't eat it with my coffee.  Boo hoo I want to be thinner.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling good, have lost a kilo this week. Not really eating less but made sure I did the exercises every day.

Hope everyone has done well .

The sun is shining at last might even risk the bikini this year, perhaps another few kilos to go.

The Other Jan

Still slimming and smiling [:D]

Well done other Jan.  Is it it only us 2 left - are all the others now slim?  Have lost another 1lb and feel better now that I realise they didn't really belong to me anyway, but to that woolybanana person.  It is very careless of forum members to leave unwanted kilos lying around for the unwary to pick up.

Anyway, I'm not that impressed because a customer left behind a slimming magazine and all the rotten cows in it lost at least 5lb on the first week of their diets.  Why has it taken me a month?  I must try hard not to give up - fortunately my holiday is not until October so might be able to get into the bikini by then.  The fête season is upon us and the every evening on the terrace with drinks season.  Lapsed badly this week in the not drinking.  I do wish I could drink fizzy drinks - why are there no low calorie unfizzy things?

Working on building site did not seem to help with the weight loss - so unfair, husband is like stick insect and he eats all the time.  This week I have got 3 airport runs so loads of sitting in the car and less exercise.  The sun is shining though, so maybe some of the fat will melt[+o(]

I'm  still here!!! Just busy with visitors again. Have lost another 1lb , so still coming off slowly! Welcome s7ephanie. I have looked at weight loss resources, but prefer to choose my own  foods and not follow a prescribed  menu. I'm  off to the UK in2 weeks for a 3 week stay  with my parents, so I will  be offline for a while. I will keep on going though. Congratulations to all who have lost this week. Joy

Hi All,

I'm still here (now in France) and whereas I was hoping to do well because of all the fresh salad etc - the bread intake, wine intake etc etc have gone up and my scales have broken.  Seriously, my OH and my parents are all the same weight!!!!!!!!  IF ONLY.

Do I therefore buy another set or enjoy the rest  of my holiday????  Jury is still out on this one.

However, to all the rest of you, keep up the good work.

My choice would be to forget the scales and enjoy the holiday![:D] BUT, don't go too mad!!! I know when I had a 2 week holiday in the Vendee 3 years ago (before moving to France) I managed to put on 8lbs in 2 weeks- too much baguette, croissants and pain au chocs! My excuse that although it was august it rained most of the holiday and we were in a tent.[:(] Is it any wonder that I put on 1/2 a stone since moving to France? Anyway, enjoy the holiday, eat loads of salad dink wine and watch out for the bread! Joy

hello everyone

Can i please join in, I am very over weight but am quite fit, i have been doing loads of bike riding, the weight however, does not seem to want to shift.  I am comming to france for 5 weeks at he end of July and would very much like to go to the beach and not get used as a beach ball!

Judith[:$]

Hello Mme Poivre and Steph - It all happens here of a Tuesday.  You don't have to confess how much you weigh, just how much you want to lose.  If you lose 5lbs at a go I will sulk.  They have been very kind to me even though I'm not much good at this dieting lark.  If you spot something very svelte, it is Tag (woollybanana) who is now but half a tag.

Hello all, and to the newcomers too.

Sorry I've not weighed in, we've had visitors and it was my birthday last Saturday and we have visitors again this week coming.  Not an awful lot of chance for me to lose any weight (not that I was anyway).  Next weeks visitors are vegetarian so I hope some health veggie eating might kick this stubborn weight problem into gear.

Mind you, this morning I was down a pound, but I expect that won't last.   Stop it!     Positive thoughts.

Back on Tuesday

Jan

I'm back - did you miss me?? [:D] [:D]

Though looking at last week's attendance it seems to me that a little shaking up is needed!! [;-)]

C'mon everyone - where are you all?  Yes, I know I did a bit of a runner for a few weeks but I needed to get my head round the fact that I was on this damned (am I allowed to say that?) plateau and couldn't get off - mentally and physically.  Well, I'm happy to say that I have now given myself a firm slap and am very much back in the harness.

Just to bring you up to date:

On the 2nd January this year my weight was 12 stones 10lbs.  By the 3rd April I was down to 11stones 2lbs - a loss of 22lbs.

And there I have remained for the last 3 MONTHS, despite the allure of being 10stones something by losing another 3lbs - and the fact that I only had 6lbs to lose to get to my original Weight Watchers Gold Weight of 10stones 10lbs (not seen again since 1994 [:-))] )

Anyway, this morning I weighed in at exactly 11 stones - where I have now been for the last few days.  So hurrah! the plateau is now a definite thing of the past; 24lbs lost and now only 4lbs to go to get back to the WW Gold weight again.

In exactly two weeks time we're going over to the UK for a week - husband watching the Open Golf in Scotland and me SHOPPING in York !!  It would be brilliant to get down to the 10.10lbs before then but our friends who are house/pet sitting for us are arriving the Saturday before and I'm afraid that cal counting will not be an option.  I will be careful for those few days though, so watch this space and keep your fingers crossed.

So come on everyone - and where are you new people from 2 weeks ago?  If I can get back on the horse then so can you! 

Well done to everyone whose been hanging on in there - keep those postings coming, and those pounds going [:D]

Lynda x

Hi Lynda

Congratulations! You are a superstar![:D] I am also on a plateau- not helped by fact that MIL has been here for 2 weeks and has taken us out for about 4 meals (not to mention drinking lots of wine). Dreadful weather doesn't help either[:(] I have put on 1lb- not bad considering. Unfortunately I am off to UK on thursday for a 3 week stay with my parents (with the kids). I will not weigh myself until I get back, but will try very hard not to put any more weight on. Watch this space.......Joy

Well done Lynda - glad you are back.  I am as miserable as hell.  Not eating most the things I like has resulted in me losing a total of 6lbs.  Well at least I lost something - but it seems so little I really feel like I can't be bothered.  Why does everyone except me lose pounds and pounds when they try to diet?  Constant eating out and B & B meals makes the whole thing extraordinarily difficult - and frankly I WANT to eat peanuts, olives and drink a few glasses of wine more than I want to lose weight!  I hate the weather too and feel generally very sorry for myself.

Ignore me, I'm a miserable cow.  I'm glad for those who have lost more weight than me.  I will try not to give up, but it is very difficult.  I think the only successful way to diet is to live alone with no social life, and that just doesn't appeal.

Hi Joy & Maggie, lovely to hear from you!

Joy, my advice is to go off the UK and have a jolly good time and just eat and drink what you want.  Maggie my love, I'm tempted to say the same thing to you too - except for the going off to the UK part [:)]  If you really do feel that way, and you're not so overweight that it is threatening your health, then just accept who you are and get on with enjoying your life.  I really do think the weather is playing a big part in making us all feel miserable, so rather than feel even more miserable about the weight thing, just forget it for now and wait for that time when you really feel postive about wanting to lose some weight.

I think I said in an earlier post, if I could bottle that feeling of having a real positive attitude then I would be a very wealthy lady and oh how I wish I'd had some of that positive attitude in these last few weeks.  But LIFE IS TOO SHORT to worry about stuff like this.  If it is really making you miserable then stop it at once and go and have a chip sandwich - with butter and brown sauce!  - and then will you tell us all about it in as much detail as you can possibly muster [:D] [;-)]

Whatever you chose to do Maggi, keep smiling, keep posting and we'll always be here for you!

Lynda x

Hi Maggi - I have only lost 6 lbs as well - since 1st January. I am also a VERY slow looser of weight and a rapid gainer[6]. 6lbs is good though so don't despair. I need to loose another stone so I still have a long way to go.Lynda, I dont dare eat what I like for 3 weeks, I would definately re-gain all 6 lbs![:)] However, I will have a little of what I fancy. Luckily my parents don't drink alcohol so I won't have any wine for 3 weeks!!!See you all soon! Joy

Where is everyone?  Are you like me and gone back into hibernation during this cold "snap".

Said goodbye to my second lot of visitors on Saturday and no I haven't lost weight, but then that's no suprise with the amount of food we ate and alcohol.  Have just been introduced to Jamiesons Whiskey but fortunately it's too expensive for me to buy, so I won't be going down that road.

Bastille BBQ at my house on Saturday and then more visitors on 26th - 28th.  They then disappear for a week to sunny Frejus then back here for another week of their holiday.  After that, our veggie friends are threatening to come back in October, so I must try between August and Oct to shed a few pounds and learn how to cook proper veggie food.  Guests did a superb Veg and Cashew Nut Curry which I've posted on Food Forum under "Vegetarian Guests" if anyone is interested.

Well, back into hibernation for a while.

If you see the round yellow thing that answers to the name of "sun" - tell him it's b****y July.

Jan

Hello Jan - you are not out there alone, but have been having computer difficulties with all the storms and am hiding from the B & B guests who are less than happy about the weather.  I've just been to the boulangerie wearing boots and an anorak.  Remind me, is this really July?

Not bothered with the diet this week, but haven't put any weight on so feel a bit happier.  Don't think I'll be able to do anything much for a bit as we have 4 course meals EVERY night for the next 2 weeks.  The curry sounds great - but sadly I have to produce vegetarian meals which can also be eaten by French guests (with the addition of meat) and most of them view vegetarian as an illness and curry as the abomination of the devil!  No accounting for tastes eh!

Hi Cerise

I know what you mean about the computer and all the storms - mine has been on/off/on/off, I gave up in the end.

I know what you mean about vegetarian eating and the French.  We went out for a meal a couple of times and all that was on offer was either a salad or an omelette for my friend.  When they came over a couple of years ago though, we went to our local bar that serves basic food and she fancied a particular salad but it came with lardons.  She explained that she didn't eat meat but could she have the salad with it, and it came up with walnuts instead.  I thought that was very nice of the owners to do that for her.

Well, I've got a couple of weeks break from visitors, but so much going on in Pompadour at the moment, with the Marche Productuers and Bastille Day celebrations, I don't think I'm going to be able to even think about dieting.

Anyway - here's to a good week, whatever we eat.

Jan

Thats brilliant Jan. Have you been doing anything different. You must be sooooooo pleased. [:D] [:D]

Still on the plateau but have been drinking too much and not exercising. At least the plateau is 5 kilos below the last one so I will keep trying. Can start exercising again next week, at the minute the room I normally use is full of builders rubble and builders [blink]

The Other Jan

Back again - been too busy to post for the last couple of weeks. That however has the effect that I haven't put on any weight even though we have had huge amounts of food.  Am trying to be cheered by the fact that I am half a stone lighter than when I first posted on this thread and have stayed that way for a few weeks.  Am about to give it another go and try to lose the next half stone.  Perhaps that is the way to go?  I'm still envious of those who seem to lose weight so effortlessly. 

Expect your 2lb is water retention Jan - if you've been standing outside recently you are sure to have soaked up some the amount of rain we have been having[:)]

Same here no change but lots of meals out  so pleased I haven't gained [:D]  Will join you next week Cerise and have a  real go at losing half stone. Keep thinking what Lynda said about losing a pound per week that's half a stone in less than two months. BRILLIANT.

Don't need to worry at the minute about what we look like in shorts and bikini. Had the electric blanket on last night, think we have missed summer and it is now autumn.

The Other Jan

Still slimming and smiling