Four letter word - diet part 2

Joy1

I'll try again - sent this earlier and the whole thing crashed on me!!!

Welcome Tag and WOW - well done you !!! [:D]

Would you mind telling us how you achieved such a brilliant weight loss?  I'm sure that I speak for many (the 'usuals' and the numerous 'closet' dieters who read this thread) when I say that it would be not only very interesting but also very inspirational to hear your 'story'.  Do tell [:)]

Lynda x

(In fear and trepidation of clicking on the Post button again [:-))] )

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No booze, no wine, no red meat, no sugar consciously but some honey, loads of pulses and beans cooked to give flavour and taste, plus home made houmous and similar things from a veggie recipe book and Google. Muesli (rationed, sugarfree), fromage frais (zero fat ). Loads of fish and some white meat. Vegetables as much as possible. Eg, I eat chicorys raw and tomatoes. No more exercise  than usual. But when I am sure I wont be damaging any vital joints, a lot more walking.

BUT, I live alone so don't have the pressures of family demanding cakes, treats, meals.

The diet is really not a choice as my BMI was getting far too high and is still not low enough. And the doctor began muttering about blood sugar levels. I am aiming for another 16 kilos then will look at the BMI again. However, I do feel different. More able to cheek the gendarmettes, definitely eyeing those clothes that have shrunk over the last few years, and maybe, who knows, a new partner.

The morning check on the scales is a real challenge now. Just a few grams gained and I am like a dog with two tails.

I should never have turned myself into Mr. Porker in the first place. Those are the perils of living by yourself if you are not careful - finishing the first bottle, opening the second, eating portions designed for two (still have trouble with that sometimes).

These are the boring confessions of a convert by the way. Can't stand the new trend to size zero. Gine me Marilyn Monroe any day. I still wish I was able to eat anything, drink like a chimney and smoke like a fish!

And I've noticed how expensive vegetables and fruit can be too.

congratulations Tag!!! Brilliant! You are doing really well. [:D]

Yummy Lynda, sounds delicious! I love cherries, can't wait for our tree to start producing! Will have a few years to go yet though as I only planted it last year! No idea what is going on with the forum, very odd! Must have been on the vino! Joy

Well done to all of you.  Unfortunately I have stayed the same this week (although this is a miracle in itself with the amount of alcohol that has been consumed this last week!!)  However, back on track now so hopefully see a better result next week.

This is the first year I am going to have a lot of fruit from my cherry tree.  Cherries in Brandy Linda?  What do you do?  Get a good quailty brandy or what?  and do you add anything else?

Fiona

I think I may have about 4 cherries on my tree this year!!LOL It is only small though, (about 4ft tall). I have just bought myself some cherries from the supermarket- all this talk of cherries and i couldn't resist[:D] Don't worry Fiona, am sure you will loose some this week! Joy

Well done Fiona, thats brilliant [:D]

So pleased your blip disappeared Jan.

Well I gained 3 kilos on holiday, did think I had been good [8-)] Have lost 1 kilo since I got back on Friday so pleased with that. Having  an alcohol problem since I got back don't know whether it is the weather or the back from hols feeling.

Hope to hear from all you big losers.

The Other Jan 

Hi all. Well done everyone who has lost this week, and if not, never mind! I have lost another 1lb, and have lost 1/2 stone at last! Yipee!! Could be a hard week this week though, have FIL staying so will no doubt go out to eat at least once, possibly at the chinese buffet. Will try to be good though! Joy

Well done the losers and commiserations for the others.  Managed to lose 1lb this week inspite of kebab and chips and a pizza!  This week will be the worst - peole here for a seminar and FIVE restaurant meals between now and next week.  I may turn into Mrs Blobby.  Their first night tonight and I overate - forgot not to eat my cheese course and had 2 glasses of wine and an apero.  Have been up since 6 and first guests want breakfast at 7.00 tomorrow - can only hope all the running around gets rid of some calories.

We have no cherries this year - bit of a blow as out house is 'Les Cerisiers' - the peaches and figs are looking promising though. 

Keep thinking skinny thoughts

Maggi

Oh dear is everyone hiding from the weather [:(] I think I will blame the weather for not losing this week, been sipping the brandy to keep warm. Will definitely get back on track this week, it felt sooo good to be a bit slimmer.

Hope everyone has had a successful week.. Is all well with you Lynda  .

The other Jan

Still slimming and smiling [:D]

Lost another 1lb this week - no idea how.  Still eating non-stop - in fact just about to prepare dinner.  Trying not eat bread (difficult) and am stymied by the fact that almost no French restauants offer fruit for dessert.  I asked at one last week and they looked as though I was mad - only things with million calories on offer.   Doctor suggessted I tried taking less exercise for a couple of weeks (true) to see if I could kick start my metabolism as I am always running around and by rights should be really skinny - it is hard to take more exercise when you already take lots.  Have been so busy this last week that the dogs have not had their usual daily kilometres so maybe there is something in it.

Well done Tag on your terrific weight loss.  Do you feel loads better and have you ditched all the bigger size clothes?  I'm determined that is what I will do if I ever manage to lose the remaining 18 lb. 

Hope the rest of you are still doing well.  Other Jan - know what you mean about the weather.  Hot chocolate anyone?

Maggi 

Hello everyone. Congratulations to all who have lost this week. I have stayed the same[:(] Actually, am not too upset as we have had FIL staying and had a couple of meals out. Will try harder this week to get myself back on track. Joy

4lb in 2 days does seem an awful lot Jan even if you were eating box after box of chocs. Is there any way you can test the scales, perhaps get OH to weigh at same time as you. Have you started doing exercises you don't normally do? I think when you first start exercising the muscles can retain water which would make sense with your added water intake. It will even out in a few days but at the minute it doesn't seem fair does it.

The Other Jan

Well I've managed to stay the same - no loss, but no gain either which is a miracle seeing as we have had friends staying as well as guests and one long eating fest.  A quiet week to come and I'm working on husband's boss's building site in the evenings as well as everything else so hope to make progress this week.

Tag - why have you turned into a wooly banana?  I'm glad you have lost so much weight but not sure you should be YELLOW and slinky.  Just slinky would be good enough for those girly gendarmes surely?

Where is Lynda?  Has she lost yet more weight and become a super model.  I need her to nag me a little to stop me giving up.  I don't need to drink at all in the winter but find it hard to resist a glass of chilled rosé. 

Maggi

No Maggi, I just got fed up with log in problems I thought I'd start again. No chance of slinky I dont think, too much damage from rugby and associated body building is now catching up with me. Just staying afloat will be fine. Actually, try calling them gendarmettes, pretend your Englishness thinks it is the female of gendarme. But don't mention stroumphs for heaven's sake.

Thats eleven kg gone. My family seems to be looking forward to buying me a new wardrobe with my dosh. Is there something they didn't want to tell me?

But at least I can begin to look at myself when passing a shop window without thinking of the flabby rear end of a half deflated, blow up elephant.

And someone has stopped saying 'Phew you are getting heavy.'