Marscapone pastry?

Lilly

Hi, Has anybody got the recipe from Teamed Up for her marscapone pastry, I have searched on here and can only find references to  it.

I made it from a recipe on the internet a couple of years ago and of course it is'nt around now,so if any one can help that would be great.

I found this, in a search - was that it?

"We picked up this recipe, posted by Teamed Up, on the forum about 5 years ago and have used it ever since - as have a lot of our friends.

It makes a very nice pastry but I am not the mince pie maker merely the messenger, so am not looking to get shot!  

Pre heat oven to 200 deg C.

6 ozs SR flour

3ozs softened butter

250gram tub of marscopone cheese cut straight across and use half.

Pinch of salt

For those who can, rub in the butter then mix in the marscopone and keep working it until it looks like a ball of pastry.

For those who can't, stick the lot in the food processor put it on slow first and then work up to fast until it is all mixed together.

Make sure there is plenty of flour on your board and roll out to about 1/8 inch thick."

Bless you Cooperola, you are dead right it was in the the search all the time ( I blame OH for interupting my train of thought!!), but thank you for being kind and indulging me ,You have just saved me a trip to the shops.

Lilly

• 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to add that I also received this recipe from Teamed up a few years ago and would like to recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.  It is much easier to handle than shortcrust and works better in a food processor than shortcrust.  I never use a food processor for shortcrust, but I do for this one.  It has a much smoother texture and remains cool, whereas shortcrust warms more easily.  Perhaps this is because marscapone is more dense or it may be that butter/margarine/lard have more water content these days as they never used to go as mushy as quickly.

I made a couple of flans a few weeks ago using this recipe and the fillings were also from Teamed Up - one was pear and frangipane and the other was chocolate ganache.  The ganache was an afterthought as I'd made too much pastry.  As there wasn't enough for a second flan, I mixed in a some ground almonds and sugar.  Also, as I hadn't any cream, I used the other half of the marscapone for the ganache, which I'm sure was much better for me, as I've always found that fresh cream makes my stomach gurgle.  Creme fraiche doesn't have that effect either.

I've not tried this recipe for mince pies as I use my late-aunts shortcake pastry - that has ground almonds, icing sugar and lemon essence.  Anyway, if you haven't tried the marscapone pastry, I'd recommend it.