English

ColinE

Hi People.

Hope I have posted in the right section, I have a big car rally in the uk in 3 weeks time, some friends of our have been lucky to have already moved to France, I would like to make a present to them, for the work they have done with the club before moving on, I would like to include things that you people miss being in France, ie Marmite, brown sauce, Tetly Tea, Nescafe Coffee, maybe Oxo cubes, any thing you can surgest I could include  in the parcel, things you miss being in FRANCE, thanks in advance.

Colin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the things you suggest plus Crumpets!  But that is a bit perishable so Worcester Sauce or maybe mint sauce (in a jar) , English mustard, horseradish sauce.  I know you can buy these things in France but I think it's still the novelty factor.

Hey, how about a Screwfix catalogue too [:D]

BTW, I think that is a really nice thing you are doing and will be much appreciated.

Looking back through the list here, am I right in thinking you can't buy porridge oats here?   I assumed such a basic ingredient would be widely available.

Help!!!!   Why did I let my son pinch the last bagfull to make boilies for fishing???   [:'(]

[quote user="Benjamin"]Quaker Oats (flocons d'Avoine) about 1€40 in any half decent supermarket.

[/quote]Obviously none of those round here then!  Best I did was a very small box of Quaker Oats in the tiny Brit section in Super U (and that's just one branch out of half a dozen or so round here which has such a thing) which was a totally mad price.

But then, there is a KFC in Le Mans!

These are a few of the things that I have been asked to bring over for friends: Malt vinegar, curry paste, vitamin pills, pork pies, horse equipment, Pilate's exercise machine, pen refills, crossword books, allspice, dog ( not done that one yet!)..........

Well I do always say 'is there anything you want' [:D]