More than the average sandwich/pizza option

Planning our wedding/honeymoon in Europe, but more specifically interested in knowing if there are any fantastic recommendations for a more upscale eatery that serves vegetarian options in Carcassonne or surrounding area? We are not bothered with soups, sandwiches, pizza most days, but wondered if we could have a sit down meal with something a little more appetizing than that for our wedding day meal...

We are having a small scale affair (just the 2 of us, our 2 children and a friend/caregiver for children), so no need for banquet style...any suggestions?

If you eat seafood then there is an excellent placein Limoux. Does not look much from the outside but it is nice inside. If you are interested I can give you directions.

Likewise, as it is a special event you might consider a place like (I bet I get this one wrong) Hotel de Modern de Pigeon in Limoux. It is Michelin star (2 or possibly 3 I can't remember) and I would imagine if you contact them they may suggest a veggie menu specially for your party.

If you want something a little upmarket right in the centre of the medieval city then look at Compte Roger  http://www.comteroger.com/index.htm

Beautiful summer terrace just perfect in August. Pierre the chef/owner is very inventive and whislt he does not do a vegetarian menu per se - a number of his dishes are vegetarian . I am sure he can accomodate your wishes if you give him some advance notice.

If, as somebody else suggested, you are happy with fish/seafood then they have a range of dishhes to suit.

rgds

Hagr

• 2 weeks later...