Do you care where your food comes from ?

Frederick

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who eats bette and do you use those turnippy things - they're creamy coloured and look like brains, very tasty mixed with potatoes,  had some roasted the other night tasted like parsnip with a twist.

We are growing bette this year as it just keep growing for two years the neighbour says.

[quote user="Dog"]Who eats bette and do you use those turnippy things - they're creamy coloured and look like brains, very tasty mixed with potatoes,  had some roasted the other night tasted like parsnip with a twist.[/quote]

celeriac / céleri rave? (pictures here)

Que vous êtes bettes !

J-P just told me someone said it was on the news recently that a Vietnamese restaurant in or near Limoges was closed as they found forty skinned dogs in the cold room.  So if you want to know where your food comes from!

The Vietnamese Panga fish was only 4.30 euros a kilo today at Leclerc.  I wouldn't have it if they were giving it away.

Last year in Spain we stopped at a small bar eaterie and the owner was taking a stick to a young Alsatian. It turned out he was Korean and spoke good English, he had lived in Aregentina then Germany & Belgium and then bought the place in Spain.

I asked him to leave the dog alone and jokingly asked why he was treating his food so badly - he replied that the Koreans only ate red dogs.

I left it at that as it turned out he was  7th Dan Taekido and as I only do Ekki Thump and my motorcycling mate who is 6th Dan wasn't there I called it a day.

• 5 weeks later...
[quote user="Dog"]Who eats bette and do you use those turnippy things - they're creamy coloured and look like brains, very tasty mixed with potatoes,  had some roasted the other night tasted like parsnip with a twist.

[/quote]

I bought some celeriac last week and prepared it as a gratin dauphinois. Surprisingly scrumptious![:D]

I'd only had it raw before...