aigre de creme

dragonrouge

I think I know this to be soured cream.

Not sure if I have seen this in France and according to a recipe that we have for a luncheon party next week I need soured cream.

Advice and guidance would really be appreciated. I do not think it is as simple as putting some lemon juice in cream and then into what creme.

This is our last get together with our neighbours before we move on and would like to get a few dry runs in ahead of the day.

You lost me on this one, clotted cream is Cornish Invention to thicken and preserve the product for transport to London.[:D]

In france I just buy a carton of "crême fraiche épaisse" in my local leclerc or leader price. It will have an acid lactic taste which I adore with strawberries.

In france the fresh liquid cream is pasteurised  and then a dose of lactic microbes are added in order to make the cream thicken and synergise the lactic flavour.

Process de fabrication :

La fabrication de notre crème fraîche épaisse comporte 4 étapes :
ECREMAGE
 L'écrémage est une opération qui consiste à séparer, par centrifugation, la crème du lait. Il intervient aussitôt après la collecte du lait, ce qui garantit la fraîcheur de notre crème. L'écrémeuse centrifuge ne fait qu'accélérer le processus naturel de cette séparation.
PASTEURISATION
 La pasteurisation élimine, par chauffage contrôlé de courte durée, les germes pathogènes éventuellement présents dans la crème.
MATURATION
La crème mûrit après ensemencement en ferments naturels sélectionnés. La maturation ainsi accélérée grâce à l'ajout des ferments dure entre 16 à 20 heures.
CONDITIONNEMENT
La crème est conditionnée dans une salle à air contrôlée sous flux laminaire évitant ainsi tout risque de contamination d'ambiance.

La clé c'est l'ensemencement, rien de plus.