Favorite vegetarian dishes

Théière

Teapot, I suggest you've been reading too many of Wooly's posts![blink]

Fridgeman, thanks for the PM, can't wait to try it your way.  No further suggestive nudge, nudge, wink, wink, posts, please, Teapot!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Teapot, I suggest you've been reading too many of Wooly's posts![blink]  No further suggestive nudge, nudge, wink, wink, posts, please, Teapot!

[/quote]

And there was innocent little me picturing your salivating O/H wondering which quiche to choose, I'm not the only one reading Wooly's post then [Www]

Anyway I shall put my Chefs' hat on today and get cooking.

Snap!

We were baking the weeks bread in the wood oven this morning (gave the neighbour a loaf straight from the oven and got a thornless blackberry bush in return).

So it's pizza tonight as the oven is prewarmed nicely. I usually like an onion pizza I had discovered on the banks of Lake Garda. Carmelise loads of onions with a tiny bit of star anise in splash of olive oil. Add garlic & chillies to taste and then when the pan is hot splash in some cider or shallot flavoured vinegar.

It's up to you if you tomato the base first.

Fridgeman, my quiche this evening was sublime (pronounce English or French way as you please!)

As I have deep tins, I might just add one and a half times the egg mixture in future.  But, it was very filling and not in the least sloppy.

I used smoked salmon (left over from the non-meat fetuccini carbonara made 2 nights ago as per instructions from Pads), a leek and a large spring onion.  Then the egg mixture and just a sprinkling of Parmigiano for colour and flavour and fresh grated nutmeg though I normally use some cayenne pepper for colour and zip.

Now, let's have your recipe for pizza bases just to get us trying them out.  I have never made a pizza in my life and now is perhaps the time to start.