English speaking notaire

Does anyone know of an English speaking notaire? Apparently it's going to cost €2000 to transfer my house from mine and my wife's name into my name only and I think that's a load of nonsense. Just need an email addy, doesn't matter where he's based.

So I'm after a second opinion and I need to be able to understand 100% and leave nothing to error in translation.

Many thanks in advance.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Does anyone know of an English speaking notaire? Apparently it's going to cost €2000 to transfer my house from mine and my wife's name into my name only and I think that's a load of nonsense. Just need an email addy, doesn't matter where he's based.

So I'm after a second opinion and I need to be able to understand 100% and leave nothing to error in translation.

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]

Hi,

Look at national register on www.notaires.fr -you can search for an "english speaker" , but check by phone that he is REALY proficient in english.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Rather than being a load of nonsense, I think you'll find that notaire's fees are regulated by law.

You can find an explanation on the official Notaires de France website.

[/quote]

Nonetheless, I still want a second opinion and want to make sure I am not being stitched up in anyway.

€2k for several minutes work to erase a name off a piece of paper seems like daylight robbery to me.

Thanks to everyone else for the pm's.

What you are actually asking for is a change of ownership, which, in the eyes of the law (any country's law) is quite important. The notaire's fees are regulated by law, and will include payment of any taxes due on the transaction as he also acts in effect as a tax collector.

Mr Cde L wrote:  "I was hoping that in cases of divorce, this procedure would be cheaper and easier."

A woman said to her husband "I'm leaving you "

He begged her not to go as he loved her, and to prove it he would buy her a Mink coat,

she said, "No thanks I'm going"

He said "OK I'll buy you a diamond ring but please stay"

She replied no,

He said "well what do you want?"

She said "I want a divorce"

he said" I wasn't thinking of spending that kind of money"  [:D]

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Does anyone know of an English speaking notaire? Apparently it's going to cost €2000 to transfer my house from mine and my wife's name into my name only and I think that's a load of nonsense. Just need an email addy, doesn't matter where he's based.

I can feel you frustration, MR CDL we have just been told by the bank, that it's going to cost 2,700 Euros to transfer our money to the uk, now that is a load of nonsense, they charge 1% for every thousand you transfer, just to press a button.

[quote user="Belle"][quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Does anyone know of an English speaking notaire? Apparently it's going to cost €2000 to transfer my house from mine and my wife's name into my name only and I think that's a load of nonsense. Just need an email addy, doesn't matter where he's based.

I can feel you frustration, MR CDL we have just been told by the bank, that it's going to cost 2,700 Euros to transfer our money to the uk, now that is a load of nonsense, they charge 1% for every thousand you transfer, just to press a button.

[/quote]

Hi,

Are you sure you haven't misunderstood? Credit Agricole charge 3,70€ for transfers up to 50 000€ and 17,40€ for larger transfers, in any currency!  If your bank insists , ask to see their "conditions tarifaires".

Parnips, you have removed that lump from my stomach, PLEASE, let me have misunderstood them, I am going to another branch of our bank on Tuesday,we are with credit Agricole, I went into our local branch on saturday, and that's the charge they gave me, I didn't sleep much last night, we also went over to our neighbour, who works in a bank, and she told us it was very expensive to transfer funds to the uk, is that 17 euro 40 cents, full stop, or what . Thankyou.

I hope Parsnips is right too.

All things being well, in the next year or so, I hope to have sold my house and exchange the euros for US dollars.

I hope the euro has recovered by then too... (not holding by breath on that one, I've lost out on the exchange rate for the past 4 years with whatever currency I've dealt with).