Takeaway curry delivered to France

expat paul

• 10 months later...
[quote user="Clair"]Not a take-away, but a good alternative: PacketCurry.com.

The usual disclaimer applies: I am not connected to the company in any way, shape or form, except as a satisfied repeat customer.[/quote]

[quote user="Suandpete"]Just had a look at their web site and followed

the link to their twitter page - they closed down at the end of May.[/quote]

A quick update on Packet Curry, who did close last year. They're trading again and I placed an order this morning!

The above disclaimer still applies...

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Dog"]Fesh curries just have to be better.[/quote]

I'm sure they are, if you know what you're doing and are inclined to do it...

I don't and I'm not. [:)]

[/quote]

Your inclinations do not stretch to considering that the curry has been shipped thousands of miles?

chiken tikka masala ingredients

Onion (29%)

Refined Sunflower Oil (14%)

Coriander Leaves (12.5%)

Garlic (9%), Ginger (9%)

Tomato (8%), Salt

Spices

Red Chilli Powder

Green Chilli

Turmeric

Rogan Josh

Onion (45%)

Refined Sunflower Oil (14%)

Coriander Leaves (10%)

Garlic (8%)

Ginger

Red Chilli Powder

Spices

Green chilli

Tomata

Turmeric

salt

Butter chicken

Onion (35%)

Refined Sunflower Oil (18%)

Coriander Leaves (12%)

Garlic (8%)

Ginger (8%)

Sugar

Salt

Tomato

Spices

Red Chilli Powder

Turmeric

3 very different curries yet with very similar ingredients and no garam masala in sight.

[quote user="Dog"]

Your inclinations do not stretch to considering that the curry has been shipped thousands of miles?[/quote]

No. I don't have any reason to believe it makes a difference to its taste.

If I had a way of asking sanctimonious bleaters like Sting or Bono to nip there and bring me some back when they fly to one of their homes abroad, I would.

But I don't, so I can't.

[quote user="Chancer"]

but if i wanted burnt ghee I would make my own.

[/quote]Why don't you make your own, Chance?  Even I can make it and not burn it (and that is saying something as I'm no cook - although I make mean curries (not from packets.)

[quote user="Dog"]Where do the animals come from that are in these curries?[/quote]There isn't any meat in any of the ones in Clair's link, is there?  They're just the spices etc - you appear to just bung 'em on whatever you wish as far as I can see.

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Dog"]Where do the animals come from that are in these curries?[/quote]There isn't any meat in any of the ones in Clair's link, is there?  They're just the spices etc - you appear to just bung 'em on whatever you wish as far as I can see.[/quote]

Yes Coops, they are simply a concentrated blend of cooked spices.

Dog, do pay attention and read before you bark [:D]

[quote user="Gardener"]... 3 very different curries yet with very similar ingredients and no garam masala in sight.[/quote]

Is garam masala a required ingredient when making curry?

I may be wrong here, but isn't it a blend of spices?

I've just had a Butter Chicken curry from Packet Curry for dinner and I can truthfully say I don't think the flavour needs upping.

I have some left-over (deliberate mistake [:P]) and I'll try it with some garam masala tomorrow... As it happens, I got some last month.

For what it's worth, I always add garam masala when I cook curry.  But then, I don't think my curries are exceptional though they are perfectly tasty enough.

I very seldom make curry because I had friends who made such wonderful curries that I was thoroughly put off making them.